The LA's the most seminal band of the 00s?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Just listening to the Special Edition of the album and it's scratchy/chimy/rocky sound sounds pretty much the blueprint for UK guitar bands of chop of the 00s..What with Arctic Monkeys and Baby Shambles and all that...

mixed_biscuits

Just listening to the Special Edition of the album and it's scratchy/chimy/rocky sound sounds pretty much the blueprint for UK guitar bands of chop of the 00s..What with Arctic Monkeys and Baby Shambles and all that...

Is there any way in which this 'LA's' thing can be punished?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Yeah I think you're probably right about that, most of the guitar-based musicians I know love that album. I come back to it quite a bit, it's exceptional.

They do a fantastic version of 'Melody' here, about 3 minutes in :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lee Mavers doesn't look real in it, he looks like he's been green-screened, it's quite weird.

That bloke on the right once came into a guitar shop where i worked in the 90s and asked to see a really cheap guitar. The he told me he was from the Las and started playing and singing a song. It was really embarrassing and desperate and weird.
Attention seeking is bad enough but trying to get attention just from me and the other bloke int he shop?