PDA

View Full Version : Paper Route Gangstaz - Fear and Loathing in Hunts Vegas

padraig (u.s.)
22-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Are people up on this? I was initially wary b/c of the whole Diplo connection/Fader hype thing but it turns out my fears were unfounded. The rapping is, admittedly pretty average for the most part, but the production is amazing. The choice of samples is pretty much immaculate ("Born Slippy.NUXX", "Halcyon & On & On", "Soul Glo", "Palladio", etc.). Plus, and even better, they're used without any nudge-nudge wink-wink pretense to irony. The PRGz aren't the first to unapologetically mine 90s pop (and in this case, big name techno) for beats - MF Doom, though I guess it could be argued he's more on some like avant/irony tip, Dipset of course, and doesn't Wiley have a rather open love for SWV? - but you have at admire their sheer ballsiness to sample ANYTHING no matter how cheeky (I mean, the ****ing "diamonds are forever" song? "Blinded by the Light"?) and what's more, make it sound great.

Actually, and perhaps apropos of that whole Zomby Where Were U in 92/Burial's whole hauntology rave steez, they kinda remind me of ca. 91-92 ardkore. As best evidenced by this remix of "Rollin'" (the original "Rollin'", btw, samples Robert Miles - "Children" of all things), which is surely the greatest Southern hip hop dro/lean/purple take on ca. 92 huge shiny eyes UK rave culture that you've ever heard.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OD45YZ9t2So&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OD45YZ9t2So&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

some links
http://southernhospitality.co.uk/huntsville.htm - a free mix of PRGz track and some other hip hop out of Hunstville
http://maddecent.com/paperroute/ - Fear & Loathing in Hunts Vegas (on a you choose how much to pay ting)

Speaking of hip hop unironically recontextualizing "cheesy" (but obviously great) 90s house;
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4ueuxDdzok&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4ueuxDdzok&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tanadan
22-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Does anybody know what the slightly breathy female vocal sampled in the first vid is? It sounds like the same sample Loefah used in Life Dub (off his first EP for Big Apple records), which I love... :)

jambo
22-11-2008, 10:21 PM
It's Kirsty Hawkshaw / Opus 3's It's A Fine day as sampled by Orbital in Halcyon And On And On as Padraig said I think.

That song in the video is a bit boring though innit. Kind of flat, was expecting more from the '92 'Ardkore comparison.

padraig (u.s.)
22-11-2008, 10:51 PM
It's Kirsty Hawkshaw / Opus 3's It's A Fine day as sampled by Orbital in Halcyon And On And On as Padraig said I think.

That song in the video is a bit boring though innit. Kind of flat, was expecting more from the '92 'Ardkore comparison.

wull, I did say a take on Ardkore through the lens of Southern hip hop, hence more blunts/sipping cough syrup than doves & glowsticks, but it's the same feeling innit - "rolling rolling rolling ain't slept in weeks". It's more about the attitude to me I guess, something also like "No Way Back" - a celebration of hedonistic excess that is simultaneously a critique of the same, just that predawn feeling of melancholy.

jambo
22-11-2008, 11:10 PM
I wasn't going to say anything because I don't usually intend to comment on something just to say I think it's rubbish but I was typing anyway in response to T's question and that just came out. ;) Can't knock the comparison because that's just your pov but I was just expecting something else. When I think of 'ardkore I think of energy and collision, exuberance and rapid fire ideas, none of which is here really. So I would leave it at that but this is pretty awful on just about every level, maybe the original is better? But given the theme and the drug regime you describe maybe a sense of enervation and ennui is the intended effect. Do we really need music for that?

Sorry but fuck this shit man.

jambo
22-11-2008, 11:17 PM
:)

padraig (u.s.)
23-11-2008, 12:09 AM
When I think of 'ardkore I think of energy and collision, exuberance and rapid fire ideas, none of which is here really. So I would leave it at that but this is pretty awful on just about every level, maybe the original is better? But given the theme and the drug regime you describe maybe a sense of enervation and ennui is the intended effect. Do we really need music for that?

Sorry but fuck this shit man.

I wonder, do you know anything about the Southern hip hop lineage this stuff comes out of? do you listen to any hip hop at all?

again, I have to stress, I didn't say it was Ardkore - I guess the Zomby/Burial mention may have been misleading - in the sonics. again, dro/lean vs. E. perhaps post-Ardkore would be more appropriate. it's like a desperation to lose oneself in substances/hedonism even as doing so becomes more and more unadvisable/untenable.

anyway, I mean, whatever. if you don't like it you don't like it. to be honest though I think your critique is ridiculous.

claphands
23-11-2008, 02:23 AM
I wonder, do you know anything about the Southern hip hop lineage this stuff comes out of? do you listen to any hip hop at all?

again, I have to stress, I didn't say it was Ardkore - I guess the Zomby/Burial mention may have been misleading - in the sonics. again, dro/lean vs. E. perhaps post-Ardkore would be more appropriate. it's like a desperation to lose oneself in substances/hedonism even as doing so becomes more and more unadvisable/untenable.

anyway, I mean, whatever. if you don't like it you don't like it. to be honest though I think your critique is ridiculous.

Can you imagine what this guy would go off about if he heard a screw tape?

claphands
23-11-2008, 02:35 AM
I love the slow motion soundz/prg stuff. Really, I think it's a much better legacy to the Houston sound then the northside boys who are making it mainstream nowadays. Using that 90s sound and new agey choir samples just right just makes the tracks sound so lush and let's the MCs just drip their lines off into the mix. Their production doesn't need Diplo remixes by any means.

G-Side - Starshipz and Rocketz is hip hop aoty for me. "Hit Da Block" is the perfect mix of this sound with the early DJ Paul hypnotize minds stuff and the modern south via Houston.

jambo
23-11-2008, 04:41 AM
can you imagine what this guy would go off about if he heard a screw tape?
Go off? Drop off more like.

Listen, gonorrhea fingers, I don't know if padraig (u.s.) is comfortable with your assumed chumming up in some kind of imagined sickly idyll, maybe you know each other in (keeping it) real life, but it's an unseemly sight. Referring to people who say things you don't like to hear in the third person as 'this guy' = cowardice. This is a public board and things are here to be discussed.

swears
23-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Speaking of hip hop unironically recontextualizing "cheesy" (but obviously great) 90s house;

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xaHKWxeeLZI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xaHKWxeeLZI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I thought this was a bootleg when I first heard it, weird.

mms
23-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Although i get what you mean Padraig, the stuff sampled doesn't fit in with hardcore, its pop trance and cheesy pop takes on european dance music, stuff that wouldn't get played in raves, with the exception of robert miles, that was a big chart hit and got played at trance clubs in about 95, this stuff would get played in pubs and provincial clubs, while the hardcore continnum was spreading d and b and garage.

That track with fine night tonight is lush cos of it's woozyness, it's funny that guys are sampling electronic tunes, probably just sourcing things from old records in second hand bins etc.
Bringing the whole thing round Kirsty's dad Alan was in the incredible bongo band who did apache one of the most famous old school sampled tunes.

I wouldn't call 'what is love good', it's real barrel scraping eurotrash dance tbh.

gumdrops
23-11-2008, 07:19 PM
honestly all the people saying stuff like 'its hip hop on e', 'its the closest hip hop has gotten to rave' etc over the years have never really been convincing to me. i know there was one period when rappers kept talking about x and there were some mildly ravey sounds in the beats, but i seriously doubt any of these guys were drawing from dance music. its more just a result of the synthiness of R&B over the years since the 80s that happened there, and guys not wanting to sample anymore that made it happen. i know some of the sounds have been similar - in the case of some of the detroit guys, its def techno influenced and lil jon said he was into certain house presets which must have made everyone else go out and use the same sounds as him, but the way synths are used/played in hip hop has always been different to dance music. the southern stuff, which is the main catalyst of synths in hip hop production, has electro roots.

i hate the track which samples born slippy btw. it might be without the usual awful irony but its still a bit cheesy. and i can imagine its on there to still appeal to diplo fans as nudge nudge wink wink fodder.

claphands
23-11-2008, 07:55 PM

Listen, gonorrhea fingers, I don't know if padraig (u.s.) is comfortable with your assumed chumming up in some kind of imagined sickly idyll, maybe you know each other in (keeping it) real life, but it's an unseemly sight. Referring to people who say things you don't like to hear in the third person as 'this guy' = cowardice. This is a public board and things are here to be discussed.

I was basically just seconding this guys point. I'm sorry that your criticism of the music posted in this thread had no substance.

padraig (u.s.)
23-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Although i get what you mean Padraig, the stuff sampled doesn't fit in with hardcore, its pop trance and cheesy pop takes on european dance music, stuff that wouldn't get played in raves, with the exception of robert miles, that was a big chart hit and got played at trance clubs in about 95, this stuff would get played in pubs and provincial clubs, while the hardcore continnum was spreading d and b and garage.

That track with fine night tonight is lush cos of it's woozyness, it's funny that guys are sampling electronic tunes, probably just sourcing things from old records in second hand bins etc.
Bringing the whole thing round Kirsty's dad Alan was in the incredible bongo band who did apache one of the most famous old school sampled tunes.

I wouldn't call 'what is love good', it's real barrel scraping eurotrash dance tbh.

well sure, but you can't very well expect 20 something hip hop producers from Huntsville Alabama to be sampling some obscure '91 white label or for that matter even Altern 8 or whatever. plus, while Orbital wasn't ardkore by any stretch of the imagination surely it's doing them a disservice to call them "pop trance"?

and of course "What Is Love" isn't "good" if you mean good as in good taste and all. its unashamedly cheesing early 90s pop house a la C&C Music Factory. none of that stuff is "good". that's kinda the point anyways, those kinds of cheesy, terrible pop takes on "serious" dance music being sampled in an entirely unironic fashion. besides I thought half the appeal of ardkore to lots of people was that so much of it was so cheesy & disposable.

didn't know that bit about Kirsty Hawkshaw's dad btw, interesting bit of trivia.

padraig (u.s.)
23-11-2008, 08:09 PM

sorry, btw, I guess I was somewhat rude to you. it just kinda pissed me off, this sweeping dismissal of something's worth. but again, hey, your opinion, fair enough.

actually in general I'm kind of surprised at how much people here dislike it. and doubly so that the reason they dislike it is that it's too "cheesy" or whatever. it's kinda funny, cause I'm like the antithesis of one of those people who spends their time trying to find something of worth in Celine Dion or whatever.

mms
23-11-2008, 08:56 PM
well sure, but you can't very well expect 20 something hip hop producers from Huntsville Alabama to be sampling some obscure '91 white label or for that matter even Altern 8 or whatever. plus, while Orbital wasn't ardkore by any stretch of the imagination surely it's doing them a disservice to call them "pop trance"?

didn't know that bit about Kirsty Hawkshaw's dad btw, interesting bit of trivia.

sure ok not orbital, i don't like em though, but obviously hardcore and hip hop have lots of things in common and then especially jungle and hip hop in the uk forged transatlantic links, plus techno/house/electro and etc were made by the same or similar american black/latino people that made hip hop, and crossed over many times with it, so it's not a massive stretch that 20 something producers might be aware of music made by black and latino people coming out of their own country and neighbourhoods, rather than rather naff music made by english and europeans.

straight
24-11-2008, 02:05 PM
i asked some similar questions a while back after some US hipster hiphoppers we had at our club played an absolutely disgusting amount of euro toss

http://dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=6894

padraig (u.s.)
24-11-2008, 09:31 PM
sure ok not orbital, i don't like em though, but obviously hardcore and hip hop have lots of things in common and then especially jungle and hip hop in the uk forged transatlantic links, plus techno/house/electro and etc were made by the same or similar american black/latino people that made hip hop, and crossed over many times with it, so it's not a massive stretch that 20 something producers might be aware of music made by black and latino people coming out of their own country and neighbourhoods, rather than rather naff music made by english and europeans.

well, sure it's not out of the realm of possibility. I do think, though that you're overrating the popularity of electronic music in the States. the jungle/hip hop stuff seems pretty New York centric and more specifically like a mainly New York-London thing. I'd be happy to be proven wrong about that if someone could provide some examples, especially of any Southern hip hop/jungle links.

it's true that techno/electro share a lot of roots (I always took house to be more of a disco thing, not discounting the obvious interplay between Chicago & Detroit in the early days) but they've diverged pretty widely from each other since the mid-late 80s, not just in production w/the shift from drum programming to sampling (which, of course, has gone back in the other direction in the last several years) but also culturally. there's undoubtedly crossover, but I think it's limited, and I don't think there's much of a shared audience. how many kids do you think are bumping underground resistance and ugk? I wish there more, but not very many, I think.

as to your last point, so what? some naff white pop music has been popular with black people for a long time. phil collins, coldplay, etc. why the hell shouldn't they sample it? cause it's not black enough or real enough for you? not to mention the obvious that neither ardkore nor jungle was solely black; neither was/is hip hop.

I dunno - I mean, if you don't like something that's one thing but if your problem with is that they're not using authentic enough samples sources then that sounds kind of silly.

padraig (u.s.)
24-11-2008, 09:52 PM
i asked some similar questions a while back after some US hipster hiphoppers we had at our club played an absolutely disgusting amount of euro toss

I dunno, I can't speak to the whole Mad Decent/hipster rap thing cause it's not my scene but it the only place where dance music seems to touch the mainstream here is with populist mashup crap like Girl Talk and yeah, dudes like Diplo. as far as hip hop I think it definitely has something to do w/the machismo and just the hardness of the 90s insulating itself from "dance music" as being too gay or whatever, but that's just my speculation.

I mean there's pockets, mostly (if not all) in the obvious places - New York, Bay Area, Chicago, of course Detroit but they're pretty small and insular for the most part. definitely nothing like acid house in '88, ardkore and then jungle in the 90s, the trendiness of dubstep, or the quasi-mainstream appeal that real techno (as opposed to awful europop/trance) seems to have in mainland Europe & esp. Germany.

jambo
24-11-2008, 10:19 PM
sorry, btw, I guess I was somewhat rude to you. it just kinda pissed me off, this sweeping dismissal of something's worth. but again, hey, your opinion, fair enough.
No need to apologise I don't think, I was quite erm, emphatic in my dismissal, but I didn't mean to be so without going into why. Well, I didn't intend to get into it at all, that just came out. ;)
It's someone's work and it works for you so it would be somewhat pointless to knock that, but my 'critique' were I to lay it out would go beyond just not liking it.

Obviously the rave thing has been a little misleading. Still, maybe the discussion has somewhere to go.

Dubstep has made links with southern rap no?

mms
24-11-2008, 10:32 PM
it's true that techno/electro share a lot of roots (I always took house to be more of a disco thing, not discounting the obvious interplay between Chicago & Detroit in the early days) but they've diverged pretty widely from each other since the mid-late 80s, not just in production w/the shift from drum programming to sampling (which, of course, has gone back in the other direction in the last several years) but also culturally. there's undoubtedly crossover, but I think it's limited, and I don't think there's much of a shared audience. how many kids do you think are bumping underground resistance and ugk? I wish there more, but not very many, I think.

well underground resistance had a hip hop offshoot.
http://www.discogs.com/label/Hipnotech
masters at work did this hip hop classic too:
http://www.thewhitenoiserevisited.co.uk/2007/02/full-metal-jacket-kaos-platoon_08.html
sorry just being silly,

but yeah i'm not really talking about authenticity, i don't give a fuck about that obviously, just would think there would be more obvious lineages and avaliability of wax for sampling, there are more simularities with house/techno and it's offspring in all the ghetto house/bass/ecstacy use/hip hop/usig mcing/written by black american people for dancing than some rotten old euro house stuff, but then you know 'look out weekend' by debbie deb and 'clear' by cybotron have all recently (in the last few years been sampled, maybe overall house/techno have a separate linage in that they sample their own genre sounds to a larger extent.

claphands
24-11-2008, 10:49 PM

I've seen Diplo do sets where he was juggling reasonably obscure world beat tunes (kurudo, latin rap, funk carioca, bhangra) mixed with us dirty club and bass (chicago, detroit, bmore, miami) and sets where he played electro, maybe some techno? and mashups. The former was exciting and fun (except the majority of the Seattle crowd was watching him spin instead of fucking dancing) whereas the later just sounded like Diplo was "playing DJ" and was danceable but way too tame (the Austin crowd was dancing, sort of).

Of the genres they are aping they don't usually have much competition from taste-making local DJs (house and club, excluded - see how much Aaron Lacrate pissed off the original Baltimore scene trying to sell his renamed hipster bmore club), especially when its coming out of Africa and Latin America. So now, it doesn't surprise me that other artists associated with Mad Decent and blog beats trying to appropriate there way into the UK rave scene and eurodance scene and failing because there is such an established scene with Djs, tastemakers and the like.

I don't think that this music out of Huntsville really fits in with that though, if only because these are small time hip hop producers basically crate digging for new sounds to use as samples. They aren't trying to be rave DJs, they are using trance/90s pop/rave sound to sonically complement what is pretty straightforward, pretty enjoyable southern hip hop.

To see the type of shit the Hunstville people are doing sonically (and check out the lo-fi videos):

The whole crew on this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZs8OZpmJq8

Off G-Side's new album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6nd8YciV4

My favorite song off the G-Side album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLnXUpI_wew

Rollin' with the Robert Miles sample:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UygocrMJAto

edit: I apparently don't know how to embed youtubes, sorry

claphands
24-11-2008, 10:56 PM
I have no beef with you Jambo

padraig (u.s.)
25-11-2008, 03:24 AM
No need to apologise I don't think, I was quite erm, emphatic in my dismissal, but I didn't mean to be so without going into why. Well, I didn't intend to get into it at all, that just came out. ;)
It's someone's work and it works for you so it would be somewhat pointless to knock that, but my 'critique' were I to lay it out would go beyond just not liking it.

Obviously the rave thing has been a little misleading. Still, maybe the discussion has somewhere to go.

Dubstep has made links with southern rap no?

I'll concede that the ardkore reference was misleading and probably gratuitous. I was just excited after hearing it, I guess.

anyway, the main point I was trying to raise for discussion was about hip hop producers sampling stuff that people would consider schlock pop or cheesy Eurotrance without any irony. I actually got the idea from this:
http://malteserubble.blogspot.com/2008/08/irony-is-for-bitches-im-down-for-byrony.html
but the Paper Route Gangstaz tape is like waay over the tape with it. the recent Diplo connection definitely muddies the irony/novelty waters but it's more in the way the samples are used anyway IMO.

the Crime Mob song is a perfect example. you may or not know that "What Is Love" (which I quite like, cheese & all) was turned into a one note joke in the US by a shite SNL skit (later made into a predictably shite movie) w/Will Ferrell and some other dude as obnoxious brothers in the mid 90s NYC club scene but as the post I linked to contends, Crime Mob totally ignores the all cheese/irony potential and plays it straight as a serious discourse on love/relationships & the like. Plus, of course Dipset, the OGs of this ish and I guess stuff like Jay-Z's Coldplay fandom.

oh, and this video;
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoLB_U0YPOg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoLB_U0YPOg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
check out Phil's screwface!!!

padraig (u.s.)
25-11-2008, 03:41 AM
well underground resistance had a hip hop offshoot.
http://www.discogs.com/label/Hipnotech
masters at work did this hip hop classic too:
http://www.thewhitenoiserevisited.co.uk/2007/02/full-metal-jacket-kaos-platoon_08.html
sorry just being silly,

but yeah i'm not really talking about authenticity, i don't give a fuck about that obviously, just would think there would be more obvious lineages and avaliability of wax for sampling, there are more simularities with house/techno and it's offspring in all the ghetto house/bass/ecstacy use/hip hop/usig mcing/written by black american people for dancing than some rotten old euro house stuff, but then you know 'look out weekend' by debbie deb and 'clear' by cybotron have all recently (in the last few years been sampled, maybe overall house/techno have a separate linage in that they sample their own genre sounds to a larger extent.

yeah I was going to mention MAW as one of the hip hop/dance music crossover points (Armand Van Helden too). The UR thing too - didn't Jeff Mills also do some hip hop stuff very early on? - and that one song on the Riot EP that has kindof rapping on it. and dudes like DJ Spinna, Zion I from Oakland did some D/hip hop type stuff, etc. like I said I'd never deny there's some crossover, just not a ton.

hip hop also tends to sample itself quite a bit, especially using snatches of KRS-One or Nas or whoever for choruses, as well as people flipping the same samples in different (or not not so different) ways.

what it really comes down to is that there's just a massive divide between hip hop and electronic dance music (aside from electronic-ish modern r&b). I have my own theories about why electronic music never really became popular here (one big thing, I think, is the massive backlash after disco - Americans, generally more homophobic than Europeans, have never really gotten over the idea that everyone was dancing to "fag" music for a hot minute there) but whatever the reasons are it just never happened. so most kids in the States, regardless of ethnicity really, just don't know anything about house or techno or jungle. I didn't mean to imply that it's because the PRGz are black - there just isn't a popular dance music culture at all.

padraig (u.s.)
25-11-2008, 03:43 AM
I don't think that this music out of Huntsville really fits in with that though, if only because these are small time hip hop producers basically crate digging for new sounds to use as samples. They aren't trying to be rave DJs, they are using trance/90s pop/rave sound to sonically complement what is pretty straightforward, pretty enjoyable southern hip hop.

that pretty much nails it on the head.

mms
25-11-2008, 09:16 AM
yeah I was going to mention MAW as one of the hip hop/dance music crossover points (Armand Van Helden too). The UR thing too - didn't Jeff Mills also do some hip hop stuff very early on? - and that one song on the Riot EP that has kindof rapping on it. and dudes like DJ Spinna, Zion I from Oakland did some D/hip hop type stuff, etc. like I said I'd never deny there's some crossover, just not a ton.

hip hop also tends to sample itself quite a bit, especially using snatches of KRS-One or Nas or whoever for choruses, as well as people flipping the same samples in different (or not not so different) ways.

what it really comes down to is that there's just a massive divide between hip hop and electronic dance music (aside from electronic-ish modern r&b). I have my own theories about why electronic music never really became popular here (one big thing, I think, is the massive backlash after disco - Americans, generally more homophobic than Europeans, have never really gotten over the idea that everyone was dancing to "fag" music for a hot minute there) but whatever the reasons are it just never happened. so most kids in the States, regardless of ethnicity really, just don't know anything about house or techno or jungle. I didn't mean to imply that it's because the PRGz are black - there just isn't a popular dance music culture at all.

well you've got all 'ghetto' versions of house, techno, electro etc, which are fast with highly sexualised rapping, that have alot of scratch hip hop culture in them too.

claphands
23-12-2008, 08:14 AM
insight into how block beataz chose their samples?

http://blog.fairtilizer.com/rap-hip-hop/playlist-and-interview-block-beattaz/

breaking bread with us in the middle of the recession cause shit is hard out here, especially here.

You flipped crazy samples on numerous occasions, like on Rollin’ or Wood Grain, are you doing this on purpose to make people go “oh shit they sampled that?!?!” or it just happens?

Mali Boi:
Make them go oh shit!…I seen the Rollin sample on tv.

CP:
Me and Mali don’t even listen to rap honestly. We still hip hop at the core, so we still dig in the crates, digitally. Mali be into to that crazy shit anyway, so once he start noddin his head I know something finna get jacked and its gone be hard…straight to the computer and then straight to reason 4.0.

DJ PIMP
23-12-2008, 11:28 PM
"I know something finna get jacked and its gone be hard…straight to the computer and then straight to reason 4.0."

i love this... the incongruity between street and computers and reason four point oh.