Las Vegas

BareBones

wheezy
A friend of mine is going to Las Vegas with her family this xmas and wants to know if there's any good music going down out there this festive period, any good dj's playing, any good clubs she should check out etc. I know nothing about the place at all, surely the music there can't just be all ratpack / tom jones / big band glamour you see in the movies? and the killers? Is there a thriving underground scene there she should know about? I searched for "las vegas" but it sadly returned zero results. Her little brother has learned that Tiesto is playing and has stated that they should go to that - an idea which has naturally horrified my friend. Can anyone recommend something to save my friend from a euro-trance xmas nightmare?

straight

wings cru
doesnt that defeat the purpose of going to las vegas? isnt it supposed to be about listening to smooth standards pissed up and huffing all you can eat bbq until you pass out?

hint

party record with a siren
I think it's mostly bottle service clubs with DJs raking it in, playing stuff like Roctaguetta:

BareBones

wheezy
doesnt that defeat the purpose of going to las vegas? isnt it supposed to be about listening to smooth standards pissed up and huffing all you can eat bbq until you pass out?

ha! yes, I suppose you're right. i'm sure she'll be vomiting over the blackjack table at some point, though it'd be nice for her to have something to break up the relentless orgy of glitz and money...

hint: yeah, that's what i suspected... oh well. perhaps she can catch a barbara streisand residency or something.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Put it this way, Las Vegas seem to be a more happening city than fucken New York with their fascist hipsters taking over Williamsburg with their shitty post-punk and throwing out the migrants.

robin

i've spent a few weeks in vegas over the years and never seen anything to suggest that there'd be any decent music there