Can Al-Qaida be destroyed?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Sure they are a nefarious, 'decentralized' 'entity', but it's kinda obvious now that all these brazen Muslim-closet homosexual boys-club terrorist attacks are getting weapons, plans, training and the inspiration from a particular place.

Now that the 'bad guy' Bush is out of the way, do you think Obama will go hard at flushing these vermin out so the world can concentrate on slowing down the neo-liberal expansion toward consumer oblivion?

I mean lets be honest the fucken Muslims are never gonna take over the world like they hope, so isn't it about time these pests are controlled and the green takeover and unified job that is in front of every breathing human on this planet is addressed.

Come on motherfuckers (not you lot here, THEM!) WAKE UP!:cool:

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
i guess they haven't missed a beat after getting 'dismantled' by the bush administration in iraq, as today's attacks in Mumbai attest. reposted from a recent blog entry:
What kind of retaliation does this call for? This will be the first international terror crisis on Obama's agenda for the early phase of his presidency. Global terrorism has never been a matter of geography; we have to think of the planet topologically, ordered along memetic-sociological lines. Deccan Mujahideen is an example of how much damage a small cell in an Asian/ Western/ European/ American territory can do. Mumbai is the financial center of India, a symbol for globalization and the international economy. Deccan specifically targeted Europeans/Americans, or the "growing global class" according to one article. This terrorist group is a small cell based in Kashmir and with roots in the Taliban and Al-Qaeda. They want India out of Kashmir (much as Iraqi terrorists want us out of Iraq).

This could lead to a conflict between India and Pakistan, both nuclear militaries. Biden's prediction of an international crisis in the first 100 days of the Obama presidency (widely regarded as a fuck up) was in fact accurate (kind of amazing when you think about it). Global telecommunications enables a social group to exist geographically in one culture and electronically in another. This means the threat is immediate, transparent, and pervasive. Terror cells operate like biological cells - they lie dormant until they are "activated" internally or by the environment. They work like any other social group.

The Obama-Biden philosophy of international interventions and strategic operations will be put to the test early. The situation could get complicated with nuclear Pakistan and nuclear Russia (who has ties to Iran) on the border. Who really gave the call? Could be a tricky situation for Obama and his administration.

D

droid

Ah yes... those fucken muslims, those pests, those vermin... :slanted:

Where do you start with this kind of idiotic trash?

vimothy

yurp
Interesting link, Agent Nucleus!

On AQ, lemme quote from Roy directly:

We should stop endorsing the mirror effect that is playing alongside AQ’s words. As mentioned earlier, AQ’s main assertions are:

1) AQ is the vanguard and the paroxysm of the ‘Muslim wrath’.
2) Terrorists are heroes.
3) AQ embodies radical Islam, or more precisely “radically” embodies Islam.

To nullify the first statement, we should stop speaking of Muslims through the lens of terrorism, and should establish a coherent long-term process of integration of Islam as simply a religion in a Western context. To destroy the second assertion, we should stress the real nature of the radicals: not powerful devils, but petty and often unsuccessful delinquents, in a word, losers, who have no future. And by the way, this image already seems to be emerging: the repetitive dimension of AQ’s actions diminishes their power of fascination and attraction; the fact that there are more attempts that failed miserably (the attack on Glasgow airport, for example) stresses the growing vacuity of terrorism. For the third element, we should stop promoting ‘good’ versus ‘bad’ Islam, because it supports the idea that AQ is a religious organisation. AQ is not a religious organisation; it is not the armed branch of salafisme. And by the way, to promote ‘good Islam’ through governmental means is to give the kiss of death to ‘liberal’ Muslim thinkers. If AQ is a modern phenomenon and not the expression of fundamentalist Islam, there is no point in promoting modern liberal Islam against AQ. The process of secularisation or accommodation of Islam in the West may take place, but to be successful it should be undertaken outside the antiterrorism framework.

We should address the other issues related to second- generation Muslims (crimes of honor, salafisme) as they are, i.e. a socio-cultural transition, and not as harbingers of terrorism. We should de-Islamise AQ – not demonise it as ‘bad Islam’. That is what secularism means.​

swears

preppy-kei
I'd liken the Bush administration's response to 9/11 with somebody getting stung by a bee, then deciding to go and smash the hive to bits with a baseball bat. Hopefully Bazza has a smarter plan.

D

droid

And of course, active terror cells should be deal with through police work, not through warfare, bombings, torture etc... which have all been shown to be massively counterproductive and ridiculously ineffective at combating terror. Talk of 'retaliation' is utterly misguided - authorities aren't supposed to 'retaliate' against criminals...

The 'swamp' of popular support should also be drained by addressing genuine political grievances, but of course, you'd have to be in cloud cuckoo land to think that's ever going to happen.

crackerjack

Sure they are a nefarious, 'decentralized' 'entity', but it's kinda obvious now that all these brazen Muslim-closet homosexual boys-club terrorist attacks are getting weapons, plans, training and the inspiration from a particular place.

Oh, from that secret network of caves, right? :rolleyes:

And of course, active terror cells should be deal with through police work, not through warfare, bombings, torture etc... which have all been shown to be massively counterproductive and ridiculously ineffective at combating terror. Talk of 'retaliation' is utterly misguided - authorities aren't supposed to 'retaliate' against criminals...

Quite.

Buick6

too punk to drunk

Well I don't see any Jews or Catholics joining Al-Quaida?? It's a religious thing, not a racial thing.

They always say 'who did the attacks', but it's fucking obvious that it's the Al-Quaida-crew, they are still the best equipped and funded to do the job, and the style of attack, and fact they always end up picking up Jewish targets makes it even clearer, I just don't understand while analysts thinks it's 'someone else'..The fuckers in Indonesia were Al-Quaida linked, the fuckers in england, they have the whole random terrorist market stitched up - make up bullshit names for bullshit movements, but at the end there are some Saudi or fucken Iranian or Syrian cunts that are still handing them the guns, the free airline or boat tickets, and the promise of 69 vigins with wet arseholes...

But the networks that are supplying these fuckheads have to be traced. They get AK-47s from Russian gangsters no doubt, they get hand-grenades, transportation and are attacks co-ordinated..

It's not just some idiot with a gun, these are guys that are trained to kill and they get expensive weapons and transport to get around..I mean fuck I have to work a shit job 10 years to save up the money just to go on a holiday, these fucken losers get free flights to fucken America or boat ride to fucken India - all EXPENSIVE operations, just to go and kill some rich cunts. The money is coming from somewhere and it's gotta be stopped.

I mean we had some fucken muslim loser scum here try to blow up a football stadium.. well now those fuckers can lose their rights, the same way if I were dealing drugs and was under surveillance by the cops. What I'm gonna scream that my human rights are abused if I am WILLING CARRYING OUT CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES. It's time these fuckers get crushed like the filthy cockroaches they are.

Last edited:

waffle

Banned

By deleting the offending post? [gasp]

[You're Irish, right, Droid? where incitements to racial hatred and violence like buick6's are a criminal offence?]. If you substitute 'Muslim' with 'Jew' above, buick6's criminal pathology reveals itself.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I mean fuck I have to work a shit job 10 years to save up the money just to go on a holiday, these fucken losers get free flights to fucken America or boat ride to fucken India - all EXPENSIVE operations"
Maybe they're just smarter than you and have higher paying jobs.

D

droid

By deleting the offending post? [gasp]

[You're Irish, right, Droid? where incitements to racial hatred and violence like buick6's are a criminal offence?]. If you substitute 'Muslim' with 'Jew' above, buick6's criminal pathology reveals itself.

Yes 'Waffle', as you know I (like yourself) am Irish and have been highly amused in the past by Buick's lame brained attempts to link Irishness with anti-semetism purely because a couple of Irish people on this forum have criticised Israel's inhuman policies (never mind the historical record or the fact that Ireland was the first nation in history to recognise Judasim as a religion in its constitution).

And yes, substitute Muslim with 'Jew' and his comments make him look like the braindead bigot that he most certainly is. I was going to illustrate this, but really, whats the point?

BTW - I though you were 'anti'-moderation - or is that simply in relation to behaviour and viewpoints with which you disagree? ;)

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue

waffle

Banned
Yes 'Waffle', as you know I (like yourself) am Irish and have been highly amused in the past by Buick's lame brained attempts to link Irishness with anti-semetism purely because a couple of Irish people on this forum have criticised Israel's inhuman policies (never mind the historical record or the fact that Ireland was the first nation in history to recognise Judasim as a religion in its constitution).

And yes, substitute Muslim with 'Jew' and his comments make him look like the braindead bigot that he most certainly is. I was going to illustrate this, but really, whats the point?

BTW - I though you were 'anti'-moderation - or is that simply in relation to behaviour and viewpoints with which you disagree? ;)

I think that many of the responses to Buick6's disturbed post are a perfect demonstration of the forum's passive acceptance of such psychotic bile (with the exception of Vimothy, of course, who actively rushes in with his support in the form of a more 'sophisticated' version of the same ravings). That's why his posts aren't deleted (unlike what anyone with half a civilized editorial brain would do), not to mention because the forum can't possibly imagine anyone being insulted by such ravings (like it can't imagine women being offended by all the routine sexist drivel posted here).

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I think that many of the responses to Buick6's disturbed post are a perfect demonstration of the forum's passive acceptance of such psychotic bile (with the exception of Vimothy, of course, who actively rushes in with his support in the form of a more 'sophisticated' version of the same ravings). That's why his posts aren't deleted (unlike what anyone with half a civilized editorial brain would do), not to mention because the forum can't possibly imagine anyone being insulted by such ravings (like it can't imagine women being offended by all the routine sexist drivel posted here)."
I know you have difficulty with reading comprehension but it should be quite clear even to you that almost everyone who replied strongly disagreed with the original post and thought that he was cock for making it. As for whether it should be deleted, along with, as you seem to be calling for, anything which could possibly be found offensive by anyone, I'm quite surprised to hear that such an anti-authoritarian truth-to-power speaker as yourself would be in favour of that measure. It's peculiar how your posts generally seem to fluctuate wildy between those censuring everyone for their meek obedience to power structures (as you see them) and those which shrilly call for those you perceive to have the most powers on this forum to enforce them whenever you are offended. I think that makes you a hypocrite.

D

droid

hat's why his posts aren't deleted (unlike what anyone with half a civilized editorial brain would do), not to mention because the forum can't possibly imagine anyone being insulted by such ravings (like it can't imagine women being offended by all the routine sexist drivel posted here).

Well, the role of the moderator is not to 'editorialise' is it? It is to facilitate communication, and in a wider sense, make a forum a reasonably attractive place to reside by censuring personally offensive posts or explicitly bigoted comments.

Of course, on Dissensus, the moderators role has had a confused history to say the least, to the point where pretty much anything goes here (which is fair enough as long as that standard is universally applied).

I find it quite ironic that you can complain about the situation seeing as it came about primarily as a result of your past behaviour on this board.

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
I think that many of the responses to Buick6's disturbed post are a perfect demonstration of the forum's passive acceptance of such psychotic bile

I'd argue that confronting lunacy directly is often not the best way of dealing with it...