kardianal/dirty south pow version

luka

i heard kardinal offishal (however he spells his name) on the foward riddim on westwood the other night. apparently there's a dirty south version too but i haven't heard that one.

it was good.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Ah yeah the Kardinal Official version is excellent! That was so good, I had to call for the "refresh" (the online version of the rewind).

C

captain easychord

the kardi version is blazing. love how he reps T.O. to the fullest

stelfox

Beast of Burden
yeah, he's totally on it. not a crappy hip-hop ragga wannabe, but actually cuts proper 7s with good producers etc and now this. he's in the right place with absolutely everything.
the only problem i see is where the fuck we're going to get hold of these. i'd totally play that, but can see not being able to.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
I don't like any of these. Not for some snobby purist reasoning. They just don't sound all that good to me.

luka

i like kardinal and i liked his version. he's one of my favourite MCs. i read somewhere that he saw LOTD2 and like doogz so much he did some work with him. the other two versions are a bit dry.

martyturenne

whoismikejones?
kardi's dope. i know he was signed to MCA and had an album lined up for them but then he got lost in the big-label shuffle. (i promised myself i would not say politricks.) i don't know if he's even signed to _anyone_ right now, but he's been slinging great tapes and guest verses everywhere. anyone have any info on when we can expect a 'proper' album from him?

nomos

Administrator
I've been wanting to hear these FWD mixes but for some reason the RWD streams won't play on my computer :( So I'll just talk about old stuff.

I've always been fond of 'BaKardi Slang' where he lays out the T-dot patois slanguage. There's a good mix with Bounty Killer too but a lot of Kardi's best lyrics get cut from that one.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
autonomicforthepeople said:
I've been wanting to hear these FWD mixes but for some reason the RWD streams won't play on my computer :(

Same here! Nor on my work computer either...

KO - unadvisable collaboration with texas
his version of drop it like it's hot is strangely souless. nice spoof of snoops's flow though

& how many versions of fwd does this put us at?