Betty Page Rip

craner

Beast of Burden
Jesus, she was still alive? Bless her.

It's like Louise Brooks rumbling around her apartment spitting at Kenneth Tynan who was trying to seduce her (or her, he).

RIP, yes.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Anyone seen that biopic thing from a few years back? Any good? I kind of fancied it but something always held me back.

petergunn

plywood violin
Anyone seen that biopic thing from a few years back? Any good? I kind of fancied it but something always held me back.

worth watching if yr on an airplane or if it comes on TV or something...

will bettty clones the world over follow their mentor into the great beyond?

post_914745_1215570160_med.jpg

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
People like this confuse me: is this rockabilly, or pin-up, or goth-punk, or all of the above?

Most of them are on the chubby side, too.

petergunn

plywood violin
People like this confuse me: is this rockabilly, or pin-up, or goth-punk, or all of the above?

Most of them are on the chubby side, too.

3103138895_b8be360993_o.jpg

tattoo mag chic...

like 40+ men dressed as gas station attendents with pompadours, it somehow makes more sense to me in southern california... there, you can buy an old dodge for like 2 or 3g's, there are still tons of bukowski-esque old man bars left, and that "dangerous poor white trash" vibe doesn't seem QUITE as forced as it does in other places (blame steinbeck's okies?)

but, yeah, the whole "suicide girls" transformation of the 50's bettie page look is weird, the look of the 50's filtered thru it's 80's version a la the Stray Cats and the Cramps (who added the punk/fetish aspect)...

that said, if i was a not so pretty big girl, perhaps i'd rock the bettie look, too... something about the bangs, plucked eyebrows and the red lipstick seems to draw attention away from homely features...

craner

Beast of Burden
I know these girls, and like them. The 50s pin up gals. A lot of them work at Agent Provocateur, Soho branch, where I used to hang out. One now works on Danny Baker's afternoon show on London Live. They are good value, I think.

petergunn

plywood violin
I know these girls, and like them. The 50s pin up gals. A lot of them work at Agent Provocateur, Soho branch, where I used to hang out. One now works on Danny Baker's afternoon show on London Live. They are good value, I think.

yunno, i have nothing against them either, i actually DO have a soft spot for that look, but they are usually stuck in a time warp musically or listen to alot of really shitty emo bands...

the Damned are playing here on New Years, if you had some sort of drinking contest involving Betty Page bangs, you could have some fun...*

*I love the Damned