Fishing for 2step / UKG mixes

bun-u

Trumpet Police
did you have that mix that roo (off ukdance) did around 99? I think that's about the best one I have....I did a few back then but they're all on C90 (how quaint!)

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
bun-u said:
did you have that mix that roo (off ukdance) did around 99? I think that's about the best one I have....I did a few back then but they're all on C90 (how quaint!)
Proud to say that I have a couple of DJ Roo's magnificent mix CDs. Did you get Bat's one as well? Not as well mixed but loadsa flava.

I still love his funky house stuff but it's always stream ASXes, which are a pain!

Such a shame that, just as we start getting to critical mass with ragga jungle mixes, the well of 2step sets runs dry... (there's one or two on my site though that are OK...)

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Logan Sama said:
Are you looking for new ones or classic sets?
Either really! I guess that new ones might not be quite so juicy as those from 99 and before, but I just want some more 2step mixes.

Thanks for the props Dubplatestyle! The abstract 2step mix (http://www.grievousangel.net/Abstract_2_Step_Mix.mp3) isn't bad goes a bit wonky in places but all that hypersoul at the start is ace.

I've got a companion mix from 98 that I should really sort out...

Ach!

Turd on the Run
I have a gem of a mix by DJ Operator (of 'Things are Never' fame) that's from the summer of '98 - kinda staying away from the cool'n'bumpy 4/4 and concentrating mainly on 2-step loveliness. He was a really good DJ and most of the tracks aren't the usual heard-it-a-million-times-before fodder - a real, melodic, flava-some underground 2-step mix. Bear with me and I'll upload it to yousendit............

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
Either really! I guess that new ones might not be quite so juicy as those from 99 and before, but I just want some more 2step mixes.

Thanks for the props Dubplatestyle! The abstract 2step mix (http://www.grievousangel.net/Abstract_2_Step_Mix.mp3) isn't bad goes a bit wonky in places but all that hypersoul at the start is ace.

I've got a companion mix from 98 that I should really sort out...

'ere 2 stepfan do you have a tracklist for this mix, are you back in sheffield now too?

john eden

male pale and stale
mms said:
'ere 2 stepfan do you have a tracklist for this mix, are you back in sheffield now too?

I think this is it:

Track listing:
Dem 2: Keep It Coming
Dem 2: Bad Funk (Big Time Scary Dub)
US Alliance: All I know (Dem 2 Dub)
El B: Digital
Leee John: Your Mind Your Body Your Soul (MJ Cole Mix) /
Wideboys Feat. Rusty: Somethings Got Me Started (Wideboys Breakbeat Dub)
MJ & Rob D: Cum Cakes!
El B: Urban Myth
Headtop: The Matrix
Dem 2: Baby You’re So Sexy (Dub)
Groove Chronicles: Black Puppet
Groove Chronicles: Holiday Da Vybe
M Dubs: For Real (Grievous Angel Twisted Dub)
Top Cat: Gal Dem Sugar
Lady Saw: Bump’n'Grind
ATFC Bad Habit (Grievous Angel Edit)
Artful Dodger / Robbie Craig / Craig David: Woman Trouble
Artful Dodger / Craig David: Drop the Funk

It’s 73 minutes long, and weighs 84Mb.

MMS - Paul lives in Sheffield (has done for a few years now) but is regularly down in the smoke... I'm going to have to check this mix out again... :cool:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Ach! said:
I have a gem of a mix by DJ Operator (of 'Things are Never' fame) that's from the summer of '98 - kinda staying away from the cool'n'bumpy 4/4 and concentrating mainly on 2-step loveliness. He was a really good DJ and most of the tracks aren't the usual heard-it-a-million-times-before fodder - a real, melodic, flava-some underground 2-step mix. Bear with me and I'll upload it to yousendit............

Sounds fantastic.... is that operator as in Operator and Baffled?

jay-s

john eden said:
I think this is it:

Track listing:
Dem 2: Keep It Coming
Dem 2: Bad Funk (Big Time Scary Dub)
US Alliance: All I know (Dem 2 Dub)
El B: Digital
Leee John: Your Mind Your Body Your Soul (MJ Cole Mix) /
Wideboys Feat. Rusty: Somethings Got Me Started (Wideboys Breakbeat Dub)
MJ & Rob D: Cum Cakes!
El B: Urban Myth
Headtop: The Matrix
Dem 2: Baby You’re So Sexy (Dub)
Groove Chronicles: Black Puppet
Groove Chronicles: Holiday Da Vybe
M Dubs: For Real (Grievous Angel Twisted Dub)
Top Cat: Gal Dem Sugar
Lady Saw: Bump’n'Grind
ATFC Bad Habit (Grievous Angel Edit)
Artful Dodger / Robbie Craig / Craig David: Woman Trouble
Artful Dodger / Craig David: Drop the Funk
i'm feeling that tracklist. tracks of this kind got me into garage in the first place :D