fake blood

petergunn

plywood violin
saw him on friday, i don't really get it, tbh... rave revival, i guess... am i going to hear that ravey keyboard sound constantly this year?

michael

Bring out the vacuum
You've only got a few weeks left to worry about... ;)

I think that tune 'Mars' that DJ PIMP mentioned on here a while back is great - sincerely bent (what the hell are with the kind of electronic mule noises?) but decent dumb dancefloor action too - but I haven't felt even the slightest urge to hear anything else he's done. I imagine a whole night of it would be ... shit.

gyto

its dj touché's alias. he's done quite a few tunes and remixes. his day and night remix has been on radio 1 alot lately

yes its rave revival, ala crookers, leading on from the whole switch / sinden type stuff

i thought it were good for a couple of weeks, boring now!!

DJ PIMP

the reravelists have a lot more left in them methinks... it's not all novelty bass tracks. and it's nice how there's the stuff happening in the uk and europe, and the bmore influenced material in the US, and the stuff from south america...

petergunn

plywood violin
the reravelists have a lot more left in them methinks... it's not all novelty bass tracks. and it's nice how there's the stuff happening in the uk and europe, and the bmore influenced material in the US, and the stuff from south america...

i think yr right, i can get into some of it... some of the ravey/b-more mixed stuff is cool...

i like it better when it's not so in yr face with those damned organs, tho... can come too close to "jock james"...

its dj touché's alias. he's done quite a few tunes and remixes. his day and night remix has been on radio 1 alot lately

Isn't this a crookers remix? it's the only thing of theirs i like so far, well cheesy and OTT but melancholy too.

Last edited:

gyto

Isn't this a crookers remix? it's the only thing of theirs i like so far, well cheesy and OTT but melancholy too.

gosh, i just checked, and yes it was crookers after all! :mad: i wonder when i mixed that up.
i have to say his remixes of gasolina and south rakkas crew are pretty sick.

so do u guys think this looming recession will spark a re-rave revolution?

DJ PIMP

i don't know how linked is it to economics specifically... but definitely after the past 8 years of retarded globo-political drama and eco-gloom there is an air of shrugging it off and finding some optimism, and also celebrating what a global thing there is happening musically with the net and that.

i think it's huuuuuuuugely exciting. people are taking it from all kinds of angles and there's a ton of tracks from this year i'm completely nuts about. e.g.

natty jack - jackin da garage - heavy feet remix

infectious bubblin' ragga business!