making music downloadable

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
Help please Dissensians.

How do i do this- i have a website with hour-long audio files that can be played from the site through quicktime but i don't know how make the files available for download. I tried doing a google search but got 80 billion links to download music.

john eden

male pale and stale
Can you not just have a page with links to the files and ask people to right click and "save as"?

Or have links to zip files?

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
well, thats what i thought- maybe i'm just being insane and massively over-complicating thihgs- thanks john, i'm going back to the drawing board.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
Are these files on you own server or are you using some third-party file-sharing utility like Megaupload? In the latter case, it's simply a matter of providing a link on your blog/website like this:

<*a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CCBCDGFM" target="_blank">Fizz<*/a> (take out the * at the beginning and end)

The same approach should also work for your own server files, as long as the file is somewhere accessible.

Last edited:

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
well, the files are stored online through papahost and i built the site with dreamweaver and i have the direct URL link but the save as source option just won't work.

sorry about this, i am technically ridiculous...

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
i'm a fool- all i needed to do was link to the file without streaming it on a page- thanks for all your help- the website is exoticpylon.com- i would offer you all a free download of innovative and genius mixing but all i have is the inebriated chaos i unleash on resonance- the images are cool though

thanks again

J