Roll Deep 'heartbreak avenue'

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I heard this on Logan’s show – hosted by Target (hope you’re feeling better Logan!) on Friday. It’s Roll Deep’s first single and lifts an incredibly hooky northern soul track almost wholesale as the riddim – if you thought Kayne’s approach to ‘sampling’ was testing the very definition then see how this goes even further.

The problem though is I don’t think the mcing manages wrestle anything away from the riddim, and so you get the feeling that Roll Deep haven’t really added to the tune. It would be great to see it become a hit just to see the Roll Deep entourage out there but I can just see the MOR DJs hunting down and playing the original if it does

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
bun-u said:
I heard this on Logan’s show – hosted by Target (hope you’re feeling better Logan!) on Friday. It’s Roll Deep’s first single and lifts an incredibly hooky northern soul track almost wholesale as the riddim – if you thought Kayne’s approach to ‘sampling’ was testing the very definition then see how this goes even further.

The problem though is I don’t think the mcing manages wrestle anything away from the riddim, and so you get the feeling that Roll Deep haven’t really added to the tune. It would be great to see it become a hit just to see the Roll Deep entourage out there but I can just see the MOR DJs hunting down and playing the original if it does

Yeah, I heard Target play this on his show (after about half an hour of real Pure Silk type RnB, so it fitted in quite well). This track makes Shake A Leg sound like Destruction VIP. It's uber-cheesy, not that this is neccesarily bad. The original track is Heartbreak Avenue by The Maisonettes I think, from 1983 but sounding very 60s. I think the MCs add a bit to the tune. But most of what they add seems to be "having a laugh with it". It's still kind of cool though.

outraygeous

im not sure who it is from east, but they have a very bad habbit for makin some terrible sampling mistakes

once i heard slimzee playing a roy orbison pretty woman loop and wiley riding it

that made me chuckle

hint

party record with a siren
bun-u said:

what's that other roll deep ep floating about? the one with when I'm ere on it? is that just a promo thing, or is it a proper single?

Ach!

Turd on the Run
outraygeous said:
im not sure who it is from east, but they have a very bad habbit for makin some terrible sampling mistakes

once i heard slimzee playing a roy orbison pretty woman loop and wiley riding it

that made me chuckle

Luka are you listening! Listerrrrrrrn! Pretty Woman was a BIG RIDDIM - unfortunately it never made it to road. outraygeous I'm glad you've heard that piece of genius - although change your opinion: LIKE IT!

I aint feeling this track at all - they must have been smoking something potent when they made this - most importantly will this chart? If so, where?