death of V/Vm Test

nochexxx

harco pronting
thought i'd copy and paste the latest mail-shot from V/Vm. the site is being pulled, get the free dl's whilst you can. bon voyage comrades!

'Taking back control of the 28.400 band.'
Just how important is online History these days ?

Here is a heads up to those of you who care on this mailing list about such things about the V/Vm website and indeed my activities online. Everything is being pulled very soon as i make way for future activities only and selected glances back through the rear view mirror where appropriate, maybe even dependent on weather and mood and based purely on what i remember and allow access too.

The V/Vm website will be gone forever, all microsites will vanish into the thin air of the ether. The History Always Favours The Winners site and blog will be gone too. Everything will be replaced by something, not nothing, which reclaims the dynamic environment of the Internet. Moving well away from the museum aspect of modern day weblife as i like the delete key on my keyboard and plan to use it. It will be something at odds with Google search. Blink and you may miss the important stuff, there one day gone the next like a Great Suprendo vanishing trick, acting online as the man himself said often in a "piff-paff-poof!" way.

It's a good time for it right now, to withdraw at a time when literally everything is twittered/twattered none stop and uploaded to three hundred sites or more in order to stay ahead of the game or to make some kind of digital splash in the World of ones and zeroes.

This year i have enjoyed as so far i have released nothing new, i havn't uploaded a god damn thing. In actual fact I believe that to be unique for a musician right now, in two thousand and ten there has been nada, zero, zilch just an empty digital void of blankness. There are new works by The Caretaker and Leyland Kirby on the way.

My updates have instead been focusing on lifestyle choice and experience, on drinking and women, of living life on the complete edge of bankruptcy here in Berlin not knowing if i can afford the rent from one month to the next. Free as a bird but as penniless as a bum. I love it, what the hell can do it's how it's been for fourteen years now and there is never an end to it in the unaided arts grant free environments i choose to work in where compromise is nothing and total freedom is the only true realm left to explore.

Compare this to the person who was uploading everything in 2006 for one year and who also was amongst the very first to give away MP3s back in 1996 thanks to the platform provided by the heroes at Brainwashed.com. Everyone now is where i was at then, but i'm where they were now, which is where they will be given time again.

I love the online world, i will always love it. I am more aware than most though to stay alive we have to adapt, change, move, reward and enjoy our stay in the binary domain. It's not fixed, the plug can be pulled any second and it's time for a change right now.

I give you the esteemed readers of such ramblings a chance to revisit and familiarise yourself with the online World of possibilities i created over the years for one last time before the blackout/disappearence which will happen somepoint before the end of this year.

There is time still to buy things and download things, but it's relative, the plug could be pulled tomorrow or next month, in twenty seven minutes or next week. I don't know, but it's being ripped down, brick by brick like the fading memory of an amnesiac computer system, maybe the link you want right now has already failed. We don't know how it will fall apart, it's tricky to predict it.

Boldness in such times will be rewarded as it makes way for progress which is all I am interested in.

Thanks as ever for your support, it means everything and will be rewarded with some exciting offers and new works and hope you will continue to support me as i only survive through your support with sales of my work directly to you.

Catch you very soon again on the 28.400. Keep it locked as i have more dreams than ever and want you to be part of it all.

Yours with a kiss on both cheeks for the boys and a massive smacker-smacker on the lips for the girls,

Love you all, miss you even more. Until yesterday,

The long lost Skip. XX