Darkthrone-Transilvanian Hunger
Bathory-Blood Fire Death
Codeine-The White Birch
Sandy Denny-The Northstar Grassmen and the Ravens
Shirley Collins-Love, Death and the Lady
William Basinski-Disintegration Loops

mms

sometimes
just looked out the window, i was just wondering why the temperature had dropped massivley

STN

sou'wester
Garbarek - Dis
Bartok (i'm rubbish at remembering what classical stuff is what, but on my snow day I listened to Bartok)

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children

and

Leonard Cohen because he's indoorsy and Canadian so he was probably roughly in the same situation when he wrote those songs.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
we did a snowy folk radio show

i tend to listen to the music of light-complected people in fall/winter
and i listen to darker-complected musics in the summer
spring is the time for the blending of skin tones

mixed_biscuits

arctichospital.jpg

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
The Band - Tears of Rage just came on and it felt appropriate, especially those glacial organs. Might be even better as a rainy day song though. :)

nomos

Administrator
Anything I put on between November and April ;)

But I get more into the introspective stuff during the dark and cold months. The last couple of days it's been Deep Chord The Coldest Season (made over a winter in snowy northern Michigan). I'll second Sick Boy on BOC. One winter I only allowed myself 92-93 darkside stuff as an experiment.

Scarboi had a good post about this sort of thing: http://patternloader.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/escapism/

Mogwai - Ten Rapid. Probably a band that doesn't get much love around here, but I still think they were great up to Come On Die Young.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Sabbath, 'Snowblind'.

OK, different kinda snow, but still very icy sounding. And an all-round amazing tune!

zhao

there are no accidents
Rod Poole - December 96
(out of print amazing micro-tonal solo guitar - blog entry here)

endless dismal moan
edm.jpg

michorussellcovergy3.jpg

Balkanske Žice (Balkan Strings)
front-24.jpg

Watazumidoso: Sokuin Rancho
Cover.jpg

Last edited:

jenks

thread death
I have been listening to Feldman - Rothko Chapel and The Viola in my life (any other tips - i'd be grateful)
and
Cage's The Seasons

I have enjoyed jogging in the snow to Grace Jones!!!

zhao

there are no accidents
I have been listening to Feldman - Rothko Chapel and The Viola in my life (any other tips - i'd be grateful)

a great one for piano. there are several recordings but don't remember which is best:

413ZJX3S0SL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

and one of all time faves - gorgeous, rich, magical tones:

Feldman_crippled.jpg

Chris

fractured oscillations
I think the brush on the ride, and hi hat, in the slower 40s/50s/60s jazz can recall falling snow, esp in the more despondent and nostalgic songs, (as opposed to the more hustle-and-bustle, warm jams, though even the warmer songs have kind of a stay cozy in the winter feel) So a lot of Holiday, Monk, Getz, 50s Miles, and of course this.