cartoon music

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
raymond scott music has got me thinking about cartoon music. there's carl stalling who scored WB cartoons using themes from raymond scott recordings. we've got oingo boingo frontman danny elfman scoring simpsons. and then john zorn comes along with his cartoon "chamber music". mr bungle is influenced by cartoon music. and locally, there is a jazz group that plays cartoon music.

to be honest, it was tom (of tom & jerry) that got me interested in playing bass----anyone remember him serenading that sexy female cat with "is you is or is you ain't my baby"?

here it is

:)

Last edited:

nochexxx

harco pronting
kosugi_1705.jpg

Takehisa Kosugi/Matsuo Ono Roots of Electronic Sound

nochexxx

harco pronting
thinking about it i've always wanted to know who did the crazy disco music for battle of the planets. i'll google it now!

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
thanks, yeah, that's where i was planning on ordering from
never saw that webstore before-----it looks great

petergunn

plywood violin
raymond scott music has got me thinking about cartoon music. there's carl stalling who scored WB cartoons using themes from raymond scott recordings. we've got oingo boingo frontman danny elfman scoring simpsons. and then john zorn comes along with his cartoon "chamber music". mr bungle is influenced by cartoon music. and locally, there is a jazz group that plays cartoon music.

to be honest, it was tom (of tom & jerry) that got me interested in playing bass----anyone remember him serenading that sexy female cat with "is you is or is you ain't my baby"?

here it is

:)

C-CR-C-C-CRRRRR-CRAMBOOOOO!