80's UK Reggae Tune ID

muser

Just heard this tune on a mixtape, chatting about Edwina Curry and how you should cook eggs properly because of salmonella? anyone know this?

john eden

male pale and stale
sorry muser - just saw this thread again. I actually already have that album :eek:

You will also very much enjoy his "bean and egg" off the first LP he did.

Much underrated, the Birmingham MCs and soundsystems and stuff. Pato Banton's early stuff is great as well.

gabriel

The Heatwave
oh just seen that you'd already id'd and upped the track above

so macka b's done quite a few tunes about food then...

incidentally, for those interested in macka b tunes about british political scandals, the b side to the 12" i linked to above is about the Princess Fergie Toe Job affair!

john eden

male pale and stale
See also: Smiley Culture - Westland Helicopter

in which Thatcher tries to sell Smiley a hooky copter.

STN

sou'wester
I always wonder why Macka B isn't fatter. Is it because he doesn't eat Big Macs?

john eden

male pale and stale
I always wonder why Macka B isn't fatter. Is it because he doesn't eat Big Macs?

It's difficult to tell from those cartoonish Ariwa album sleeves.

Perhaps there is scope for an "OK magazine" photospread with red circles around UK MC paunches?

STN

sou'wester
I saw him recently. He's no willowy sylph, but nor has he the physique that his choice of lyrical theme would imply.

I think he just does it to look hard, to be honest.

john eden

male pale and stale
I saw him recently. He's no willowy sylph, but nor has he the physique that his choice of lyrical theme would imply.

I think he just does it to look hard, to be honest.

He's a don. I just got hold of "Bible Reader" on Fashion which I think might be his first release. And also one of Pato's first twelves.

And I watched a documentary about UB40 on DVD.