U2 Album Discography Available for Free Via Myspace

qwerty south

no use for a witticism
Recently there has been a controversy over how U2's latest album 'No Line On The Horizon' (currently due for release on the 3rd of March 2008) had leaked to the internet. The leak of major music albums is now a news event and can arguably help drive fans to their computer in search of a free download.

This album is now available for pre-order and at the time of writing the only song streaming on their Myspace social networking music profile is a one minute snippet of their new single 'Get On Your Boots'.

The whole album is currently available online from the usual illicit channels such as peer to peer networks, torrents and on blogs via temporary file hosts.

It is also currently available along with 20 other full albums (including remastered versions) as individual 96 kilobits per second (kps) mp3s for free and easy download from u2's Myspace page (www.myspace.com/u2), but not by directly accessing it via myspace.com.

more http://chrisbyrne.blogspot.com/2009/02/u2-album-discography-available-for-free.html

mms

sometimes
yes this thread should be locked for 'discussion of u2' surely that transcends all the other reasons to lock a thread, nothing personal qwerty south, this is actually really interesting, is this also the case with other stuff on myspace?

Last edited:

qwerty south

no use for a witticism
this is only artist that i have seen a full album discography of this size available this way. lily allen's two albums are available this way...

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
this is only artist that i have seen a full album discography of this size available this way. lily allen's two albums are available this way...

Luna-C put the entire Kniteforce back catalogue (including all the sublabels, as well as tons of his releases on other labels, unreleased material, pretty much anything he's ever been involved with) up for free dl @ 320.

here

also didn't Richie Hawtin put up a bunch of his material for free DL awhile back?

i think loads of less known artists/bands have done it too.

mms

sometimes
Luna-C put the entire Kniteforce back catalogue (including all the sublabels, as well as tons of his releases on other labels, unreleased material, pretty much anything he's ever been involved with) up for free dl @ 320.

here

also didn't Richie Hawtin put up a bunch of his material for free DL awhile back?

i think loads of less known artists/bands have done it too.

that was on purpose though.

this is a glitch in the system

craner

Beast of Burden
When I heard that new U2 single, it was SO bad I thought my drink had been spiked. I mean, I loathe them as much as Moby and Hitler, but I thought they were vain enough to disguise themselves in mere idiocy...but this is bizarre. And funny.

craner

Beast of Burden
She said "Time is irrelevant, it's not linear"
Then she put her tounge in my ear

Yeah, happens to me all the time.

Something tells me that, lyrically, the new U2 album will be something special.

I was speeding off the subway
Through the Stations of the Cross

(Craner falls off chair.)

craner

Beast of Burden
From a song called, aptly, 'Stand Up Comedy':

The DNA lottery may have left you smart
But can you stand up to beauty, dictator of the heart

Here is Bono singing 'I can't believe we get away with this shit':

I gotta stand up to ego but my ego´s not really the enemy
it's like a small child crossing an eight lane highway
On a voyage of discovery
Stand up to rock stars, Napolean in high heels
Josephine, be careful of small men with big ideas

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I gotta stand up to ego but my ego´s not really the enemy
it's like a small child crossing an eight lane highway
On a voyage of discovery
Stand up to rock stars, Napolean in high heels
Josephine, be careful of small men with big ideas

Wow.

Catbwoy

here

Yeah, i donated a fistfull of cash to Luna-C for that, he provided a shit load of free stuff. Not all of it is great but there are some gems in there.

I actually paid more than I meant to because I had a drunken exchange rate confusion.

Colz

Wild Horses
Take it from a long suffering Irish man - we fucking hate U2. Brian Eno loans a tosspot his delay pedal and we still haven't heard the end of it over here. The media love them; their album release was deemed worthy of the six o clock news in Ireland, as was he small group of lunitics who, every year, queue up outside HMV to grab the latest U2 album / t shirt / concert ticket. This phenomenon began in the late 80s when the megastores opened at midnight for the fans, an all round clever media spin, whenever such bono-related cack went on sale. This year the few outside looked particularly more mentally disturbed than normal. You are lucky. You are not fed a daily diet of these shams. Grrrrrrr.

mms

sometimes
Take it from a long suffering Irish man - we fucking hate U2. Brian Eno loans a tosspot his delay pedal and we still haven't heard the end of it over here. The media love them; their album release was deemed worthy of the six o clock news in Ireland, as was he small group of lunitics who, every year, queue up outside HMV to grab the latest U2 album / t shirt / concert ticket. This phenomenon began in the late 80s when the megastores opened at midnight for the fans, an all round clever media spin, whenever such bono-related cack went on sale. This year the few outside looked particularly more mentally disturbed than normal. You are lucky. You are not fed a daily diet of these shams. Grrrrrrr.

oh believe me, they've been on the news in england too, and on every channel all the time and newspapers, they played an ' impromtu ' read highly organised, gig on a roof, yeah like they did before when they copied the beatles that time before.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I would also like to express my admiration for U2, the gods of rock. Truly, are they not worth giving one ounce of a shit about?

Colz

Wild Horses
Aye, but its hard to ignore the huge mosquito that is Bono's face buzzing around in yours on a daily basis, as it does here.

Saw that rooftop thing, apparently a few (apparently) Irish protesters were present, holding placards with 'we'll download it for free and give the cash to charity' or some such slogan. Not a catchy slogan, but they made their point.