Claudio Simonetti

STN

sou'wester
I have a (very) passing knowledge of Goblin, but was unaware of Simonetti's disco-y work. I heard a tune under the name Kasso ('Dancing on the Beach') on Mr Trick and wrongtom's excellent podcast, and absolutely love it. I'm sure there's more than a wealth of Simonetti knowledge on here, so get set... go!

STN

sou'wester
here's the one I heard (I think, no sound at work):
I love the way it's almost so ordinary but somehow ends up being wicked.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm pretty sure there some discussion of this in, er, another thread. That's not much help I'm afraid.

mms

sometimes
I have a (very) passing knowledge of Goblin, but was unaware of Simonetti's disco-y work. I heard a tune under the name Kasso ('Dancing on the Beach') on Mr Trick and wrongtom's excellent podcast, and absolutely love it. I'm sure there's more than a wealth of Simonetti knowledge on here, so get set... go!

kasso - key west
easy going - fear

those are my faves there is also one called scaredy cat by easy going which is good cos its so openly innuendo stuffed.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"those are my faves there is also one called scaredy cat by easy going which is good cos its so openly innuendo stuffed."
I always wondered about the intro of that electroclash track that is basically a cover of Fear - it's goes on about a scaredy cat - so is it actually some kind of mash up of the two tracks?

STN

sou'wester
I was running a secret bingo card in my head as to who would respond to this thread. I've got my first three, just need two more.

mms

sometimes
I always wondered about the intro of that electroclash track that is basically a cover of Fear - it's goes on about a scaredy cat - so is it actually some kind of mash up of the two tracks?

it's 3 tracks into 1 its a remix version

hamarplazt

100% No Soul Guaranteed
I have the Fear album, the title track is by far the best I'm afraid. Though the other tracks do have a bizarre kind of charm, mostly because of the ridiculous lyrics

IdleRich

IdleRich
"it's 3 tracks into 1 its a remix version"
More to it than I thought.

"I was running a secret bingo card in my head as to who would respond to this thread. I've got my first three, just need two more."
Ha, it's weird because this is far from being my favourite type of music and not even something I know anything much about - and yet you reeled me in like a fish. Maybe you know me better than I know myself - which considering we've met about three times paints a worryingly shallow picture of me.

mms

sometimes
More to it than I thought.

Ha, it's weird because this is far from being my favourite type of music and not even something I know anything much about - and yet you reeled me in like a fish. Maybe you know me better than I know myself - which considering we've met about three times paints a worryingly shallow picture of me.

haha same here..

STN

sou'wester
Well, you're all forgetting that I live round the corner from Thee Master Okkultiste, John Eden, and that hys powerf allow me to fee deep infyde your foulf.

Actually, craner and Rich made it on the list of suspects because of the film connection, and mms by dint of his Black Devil Disco involvement.

STN

sou'wester
Maybee I fhalle adopte thyffe nefariouf wayye forre alle mye wrytyngfe, atte thee verye leaft forre spookye topycs fuche af Gobblynne.

STN

sou'wester
oh shit, i bet he doesn't know anything about Claudio Simonetti, so turnnynge intoe hymme wonte hellpe.