STOP PRESS! Venus is going crazy tonight...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Thought I'd momentarily come out of retirement to let you know that Venus is the currently the brightest celestial object I've probably ever seen, bar the moon (and the sun, smart-arses)...at least I think it's Venus. Go and have a look if the sky is clear in your area, it's just 'above' the moon. I can make out the disc with a pair of 8x travel binoculars, could be well worth a look if you're got a decent big pair of binocs or a telescope.

Tea out...

jenks

thread death
Yeah just been out with Junior Jenks who has been impressed by it - it really is very striking. Like some kind of Islamic symbol and very beautiful.

6000 and not out T?

swears

preppy-kei
Cloudy here, I'm afraid. Always impressed by the fact we can see another planet with the naked eye, since my dad pointed it out to me as a kid.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's doing it again! Lovely conjunction with Jupiter and a crescent moon - look west if the sky's clear inna area.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Have been looking for the last couple of days, it's really impressive but they're already diverging right? It's beautiful though how bright venus is and how close it seems to be to jupiter and the moon. Also, yesterday was the first time I could see the complete moon, even though the sun only lit up a crescent you could distinguish it from the darkness of the space around it.

Anyway, go and watch, I completely agree with you Mr. Tea.