Daily/Sunday Express headlines/comment

hucks

Your Message Here
I pulled the plug on TV filth in 1988 and dumped the TV in a skip.

How many households turn the TV on in the morning and leave it running until lights-out, I know plenty. And, thereby every day, millions of votes are 'wasted' on trashy programmes.

Since when has the cooking of of a tasty snack required the addition of spicy language along with the cayenne pepper and bay leaves.

Like I often am with these kinds of comments, I am unclear whether or not this is a joke.

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
"Butchers of Mumbai are Brits" headline.

Remember this one? The really should not get away with these kind of headlines - "ARE BRITS"?

Butchers%20of%20Mumbai.jpg

Nicely covered in THe Guardian a few months later,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/dec/08/peter-wilby-newspaper-recession

The Brit guide to foreign reporting
In their coverage of the Mumbai terror attacks, British newspapers followed the time-honoured rule for any story from south of Lizard Point: put a union flag on it. They were not content with British victims, all of whom were automatically heroes. "Butchers of Mumbai are Brits," announced the Express.

The Mirror reported two were from Leeds, two from Bradford, one from Hartlepool. The Telegraph, Independent, and Sun all splashed on the story, which was attributed to "Indian officials" (railway clerks perhaps?) or "security sources". Within hours, news bulletins announced there was no British connection.

Undaunted, journalists continued to wallow in ethnocentrism. The Sunday Telegraph warned of "UK threat", as it does most weeks. London was "unprepared" for a similar attack, a "former SAS commander" revealed. Those garrulous "Indian officials" informed the Mail on Sunday that "UK cash" funded the attacks.

And, wrote the Telegraph's Charles Moore, the terrorists, whoever they were, "knew what they were doing". Not attacking India or Hinduism or anything so insignificant. "They were striking at a place that symbolises former British power."​

scottdisco

rip this joint please
nice one Ness, yeah that whole thing was a joke.

going off an archive from one of my blogs (no Express URL but i did write it down on the day), we find that the front-page headline on Saturday April 30th 2005 was

Britain has too many migrants say Asians

scottdisco

rip this joint please
"Fury at speed guns that can see in the dark"

today they are galvanized into an entirely responsible and surely accurate headline about - wait for it, you'll never guess - immigrants, thanks to the latest findings from well-known, universally respected entirely scientific impartial advocacy group Migration Watch.

cough.

craner

Beast of Burden
Just a great Mad Mel title: The Global Psychosis.

Boringly, it's just about anti-Zionism, but she's getting there slowly.

I once had a dream where Melanie burst out of my stomach, like in Alien.

D

droid

Just a great Mad Mel title: The Global Psychosis.

Boringly, it's just about anti-Zionism, but she's getting there slowly.

I once had a dream where Melanie burst out of my stomach, like in Alien.

Dya think that's maybe due to unconscious fears that her brand of politics are slowly gestating inside you - just waiting the opportunity to burst free? :D

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Official guide brands gay adoption critics 'retarded homophobes'.
Mencap spokesman retaliates, calls adoption guide authors 'ignorant, prejudiced batty-boys'.

Official guide brands Mencap spokesman 'retarded homophobe'.
Mencap spokesman retaliates, calls adoption guide authors 'ignorant, prejudiced batty-boys'.