Alexander Nut's own thread

gumdrops

hmm curious to hear this now. i get the impresion his will be really good when it comes to selection/sequencing which is kinda my beef with some of the others like skeptas and spyros (not geeneus or skream tho).

dont think ill be reaching sadly.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I listened to his show after reading your blog, enjoyed it a lot especially the floating points mix. Seems he's on the same thing as Benji B on 1xtra is.

A lot of that (dilla-esque/wonky) stuff is great to listen to at home but I don't really know how much I'd be feeling it in a club environment. I'd like to go to FWD this Sunday, unfortunately won't be possible though.

Isn't Youngsta going to be a bit of an odd one out in that lineup? Although apparently Joker plays a bit of dry dubstep himself from time to time...

ether

I tend to enjoy his show, was pretty surprised to see rinse put something like this out, so i'm quite looking forward to hearing this, the stuff him and benji b play is fairly disparate off kilter in terms of speeds and drum patterns which what makes it hard to build cohesive dj sets around, read an interesting review of hud mo's set at bloc which makes a similar point. I'm quite intrigued to see how it would go off live.

tom lea

blckdown's right- this cd is great. was on about it to silverdollar tonight actually- i've definitely come to the conclusion that it's as good, if not better as spyro and skream's rinse cds. fwd on sunday should be big, though i'd rather they have floating points or someone than pritchard...

ether

I dunno Mark Pritchard's hip hop stuff is infinitely better than his clunky forays into 2-step.

Would be good to see floating points though, caning his tracks at the mo.

ether

Won't be reaching this week either. But I'm sure it'll go off just fine especially since everyone will obviously be on ket :p

Yeah I hear zomby's going to ride in on simon reynolds back during jokers set wearing jodhpurs and brandishing a riding crop....trippy

Algierstwin

I dunno Mark Pritchard's hip hop stuff is infinitely better than his clunky forays into 2-step.

Would be good to see floating points though, caning his tracks at the mo.

yeah i havent really been impressed with his latest album. . reputation over quality?

gumdrops

i thought his album just seemed to be essaying all the diff genres, not really doing anything new with them. there was also something slightly dated about that album.

mms

sometimes
i thought his album just seemed to be essaying all the diff genres, not really doing anything new with them. there was also something slightly dated about that album.

he's got alot more though, for thosewho thought that album was a bit dissapointing, also a wicked dj

moolac

tracklisting looks dope and alex is a really good dj, not heard it yet though so cant comment on the cd.

quick q for anyone with a finished copy - what is the title of the hudson mohawke track on it?

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
i really like nut as a dj and tune into his sets on rinse quite often...buuttt

not so sure about the cd... jumping temp so much during such a short set... dunno...

anyone read lisa blanning's review of it? she compares it to a dj kicks mix..... i'm somewhat inclined to agree with her. that said i can see what mr nut was trying to do - if i wasn't acquainted with with W***Y / whatever it would be a nice introduction. and tron by waajeed is one of my favourite beats ever.

optimum

Poochie
He's been pretty good live, sometimes his radio shows veer a bit too close to ukhh tho, never a good look