in favour of generic music

gumdrops

why does generic music have such a bad rep? am listening to whoevers deejaying on kiss right now, some dubstep show, not exactly wobblers but a lot of teeth gnashing sort of er adolescent-step with big blocky riffs and gnarly hooks, pretty expected stuff, but i like the fact it does pretty much what it says on the tin (and prob cos i like music that works in that emotional range and has good production values). i like it when music is operating in a very narrrow set of parameters and really exploiting what it has to work with, even if it is a bit predictable. i suppose the test here is if it can still be effective/have an effect within those confines without provoking boredom but theres something satisfying about generic music (if you like the traits being reloaded for the umpteenth time obv).

DJ PIMP

yeah i really like the constant motion in scenes to make stuff that's within boundaries but still fresh or at least a fresh take on what's there...

Ory

warp drive
bassline is a genre I see as consisting of mostly generic/interchangeable tunes but I still enjoy it quite a bit for its wackiness. midrange wobblestep however is just obnoxious.