Fred Thomas (saturday looks good to me)

tom lea

who knows about fred thomas?

he's the man behind saturday looks good to me, who are pretty much the best remaining indie band i know now arab strap is no more - they've done some of the most beautiful music ever, a lot of it just tour-only 12"s and stuff. dan hancox will back me on that i think as he's a mark for them.

but thomas does loads, and loads of stuff- solo, or with flshppr or lovesick or whatever, he seems to have a thousand different projects on the go, and i've never bought anything with his name on that wasn't good. i don't know if he really updates his myspace or anything, but there's been a partial discography on it for a while. to my knowledge there's not a massive amount of information about him online. (actually, now i've provoked myself into looking properly it turns out he has a blog).

he's one of the true enigmas in guitar music left in my head really- someone who just puts out endless amounts of material and doesnt publicise it, like you need to do the searching. he's like a pop matt bower or something. any other dissensus users into him?