the go! team

S

simon silverdollar

when i first heard about them, i initially dismissed them as the sort of tepid shit that gets played in toni & guy and urban outfitters, for the wannabe nathan barleys of this world. but now i've actually heard them, i love them! nice to hear indie-ish stuff that's really FUN again.

anyone else like them?

I have to say I think the sista should find a funkier band cos shes got a good voice but the band aint cutting it man.

hint

party record with a siren
I liked the album, but I've only listened to it twice... not sure what that means... :confused:

sounds like it was fun to make, but appearances can be deceptive.

simon silverdollar said:
when i first heard about them, i initially dismissed them as [...] the wannabe nathan barleys of this world. anyone else like them?

They've got too much joy going on for the Nathan Barleys. They don't use quotation marks either. I've bought about 10 copies of the album for friends who range from being obsessive Dead Can Dance fans to being to grime fans and they all, much against their expectations, totally love it. I find it segues really nicely into the County Got Soul comp.

mms

sometimes
it's a joyful racket but there is absolutley no bass in it which puts me off after a while, it's a bit too thin