This is excellent:

quaismoto.jpg

Also new Quas LP out soon:

quas-further-400.jpg

http://www.stonesthrow.com/quasimoto/

Forget MFDoom!

DavidD

can't be stopped
Rollie P posted one track and was all "this beat is amazing." I was not feelin it. I definitely want to hear the rest of the album, though.

gumdrops

i like some of madlibs beats, mostly the ones that arent inclusive of the type of lightweight programming that endears him so much to gilles peterson listeners, but i cant tolerate entire albums of his elfin rhyming. i dont know people seem to love it so much. hes a terrible MC. he raps like hes painfully shy and is almost scared of the mic.

hint

party record with a siren
gumdrops said:
he raps like hes painfully shy and is almost scared of the mic.

that's kinda the point of it all - quasimoto was invented back in the lootpack days cos madlib was too embarassed about his voice / skills. people talk about quas as some kind of out-there, fully-developed character, but it's just madlib rapping about smoking weed, listening to hip hop and crate digging with his voice pitched up, innit?

still, that microphone mathmatics EP is one of my favourite hip hop releases everrrr. the album I can take or leave.

gumdrops

exactly - hes one of the most derivative, uninteresting rappers in the indie world and would be even more so if it wasnt for his sped up vocals. the beats are his saving point. as far as producers who rap, i rate timbaland well ahead of madlib - at least he has a good sense of meter and timing (and he raps with some semblance of a sense of purpose).

gumdrops said:
exactly - hes one of the most derivative, uninteresting rappers in the indie world and would be even more so if it wasnt for his sped up vocals. the beats are his saving point. as far as producers who rap, i rate timbaland well ahead of madlib - at least he has a good sense of meter and timing (and he raps with some semblance of a sense of purpose).

thats a bit harsh dont you think?

C

captain easychord

the music on the quasimoto LP is psychedelic, fragmented and diffuse and madlib's halting, off-kilter delivery just adds to it. it wouldn't sound very good with some virtuostic MC tearing up the tracks.