ID unknown krautgoth tune (Bad Saints?)

IdleRich

IdleRich
I was pissing around on youtube and saw this video. The guy claims it was a white label he found in a German fleamarket that simply says "Bad Saints '72" on it. It doesn't sound much like it was made in 72 to me, in fact it sounds like Andrew Eldritch fronting Neu! (with maybe Iggy Pop in the studio somewhere) but I really like it anyway.

Here's what the guy said:

hi,please help me out for this super obscure 7''.i found this 7'' ep years ago on a southern germany fleamarket in a trash box. must be a test press or promo.
however i have absolut no words for that weird sound.its like a mix between electronica and psych and trash.very dark sounding stuff,i also dont understand the words they are singing.white label,pencil write on bad saints oktober '72 and the name klaus.so if anyone can help,please contact me. i upload all 4 songs from this ep,and restored it,so it was a littlebit scratchy.
Here is the first track

Second

and fourth (third one not so good)

I'd be very interested if anyone could shed any light on that and if it came out at all under that name or another one. Maybe it's a hoax or maybe it's something really well known that I don't know - any help would be good cheers.

bb_rebozo

.._......
I'd be very interested if anyone could shed any light on that and if it came out at all under that name or another one. Maybe it's a hoax or maybe it's something really well known that I don't know - any help would be good cheers.
must be a hoax , at least the production year 1972 is impossible . sounds like 80s home recording , could have been produced in any cellar from Birmingham to Berlin . the spoken intro of track 1 sounds german (but actually makes no sense), bass line is Neu!ish . nice try , though .

IdleRich

IdleRich
"must be a hoax , at least the production year 1972 is impossible . sounds like 80s home recording , could have been produced in any cellar from Birmingham to Berlin . the spoken intro of track 1 sounds german (but actually makes no sense), bass line is Neu!ish . nice try , though."
I agree it aint from the seventies and also that the first track is a clear Neu! pastiche. Difficult to see what the hoax is though unless it will be revealed later. I wonder if it's an eighties (or later) thing by a band called Bad Saints and October 72 is the name of the track. I really like it whatever it is and I'd like to get hold of it but I guess that is going to prove extremely difficult.

bb_rebozo

.._......
I agree it aint from the seventies and also that the first track is a clear Neu! pastiche. Difficult to see what the hoax is though unless it will be revealed later. I wonder if it's an eighties (or later) thing by a band called Bad Saints and October 72 is the name of the track. I really like it whatever it is and I'd like to get hold of it but I guess that is going to prove extremely difficult.
the hoax is pretending a false release / recording date , putting the music in an inaccurate historically context to make it shine . anybody can write some strokes on a white label .

besides , the audio-track sounds like a tape transfer without any vinyl vibe . is this music really on 7" vinyl or is it just an audio file ? to verify the authenticity one should ask the youtubeguy to host a clip where he / she put on the original 7" with original audio , needle sets down , crackling , the whole deal just as here .

anyway , if you dig 80s cryptkraut , No More from Kiel is recommended .

IdleRich

IdleRich
"the hoax is pretending a false release / recording date , putting the music in an inaccurate historically context to make it shine . anybody can write some strokes on a white label .
besides , the audio-track sounds like a tape transfer without any vinyl vibe . is this music really on 7" vinyl or is it just an audio file ? to verify the authenticity one should ask the youtubeguy to host a clip where he / she put on the original 7" with original audio , needle sets down , crackling , the whole deal just as here ."
Fair points. I guess if it's the youtube guy then maybe he is gaining something from doing it.

"anyway , if you dig 80s cryptkraut , No More from Kiel is recommended"
Yeah I guess that's rightfully one of the best known of the genre.