akai mpc repairs

nochexxx

harco pronting
does anyone know of a good place here in the uk that service's / repairs mpc's? mine is on the way out.

polystyle

Sorry, we have one that works, but are on this side o' the pond,
probably not so many places to get it fixed here either , unfortunately ..

nochexxx

harco pronting
Sorry, we have one that works, but are on this side o' the pond,
probably not so many places to get it fixed here either , unfortunately ..

i'm starting to think i should have a backup when the time comes. the idea of being disconnected from my mpc for more than a week will be truly awful.

I got some broken buttons replaced on mine at Synth Service Centre in Acton, but I wouldn't recommend them, they had the thing for months and I've had previous cock ups from them.
The problem is that it's very hard to get spares in the UK.

If you know what's wrong with it, I would recommend getting the spares from eBay or www.mpcstuff.com and then getting any competent tech to do the work for you.

nochexxx

harco pronting
I got some broken buttons replaced on mine at Synth Service Centre in Acton, but I wouldn't recommend them, they had the thing for months and I've had previous cock ups from them.
The problem is that it's very hard to get spares in the UK.

If you know what's wrong with it, I would recommend getting the spares from eBay or www.mpcstuff.com and then getting any competent tech to do the work for you.

thank for the advice, i think i'll do that, order spares from the us. the thing is though, i'm not sure if the buttons need replacing or if the contacts are busted underneath.

i'm amazed that there isn't a one stop mpc shop here in the uk? i'd so like to get mine pimped.

PeteUM

It's all grist
Let me get this straight Nochexxx... you didn't come out to my birthday drinks because your MPC was sick?

Fuckin' producers. :rolleyes:

PeteUM

It's all grist
Ha ha! No sweat. Just couldn't resist urge to poke fun at the bond between a man and his machine.

I've seen YouTube videos about replacing pads btw...