can someone lend a hand

alex

Do not read this.
i need to book up some studio time just to record a mix, my equipment @ home is a bit shoddy & therefore would like 1-2 hours to do something really sounding quality.

Can anyone reccomend any places in LDN?

alex

Do not read this.
apparently so.

obviously, I have looked on google & stuff, but I would like people's reccomendations & who they think would be the best/cheapest/most efficent.

Thanks in advance!!

muser

Its probably worth trying a few of the unis that run music tech courses (Kingston, Metropolitan, Thames Valley) as im pretty sure they offer up there studios to the general public and should be pretty cheap.

alex

Do not read this.
Its probably worth trying a few of the unis that run music tech courses (Kingston, Metropolitan, Thames Valley) as im pretty sure they offer up there studios to the general public and should be pretty cheap.

thanks for the response muser.

My friend attends kingston, so i will ask him & inquire about there services, thanks very much!!

moolac

i know there's studios in soho like wise buddha which do that, but usually they're used to produce and record mixes for xfm, radio one and the like, so can be a bit pricey... maybe if you smile nice itll be cheap, but still... money is probably better invested in your own gear id say.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
We used the Gun Factory in Stoke Newington who were cheap and did an OK job, on the first day at least, but depends what you need really, are you doing the mix on decks or computer live? Or do you need someone to put the tracks in and mix them in Ableton or Protools, Ministry of Sound style?

I'd read up about desks as well, see which studios have what desks, they can make a big difference to the sound quality of stuff.

alex

Do not read this.
Hi Mistersalone...

Its just, I dont have technics, instead i have stanton t120's...and also my mixer to pc lead, although USB, is still a bit weak & lacking punch, also, the mixer is a tad shoddy when it comes to cueing up, so i was just wondering about renting some time in a studio, where im able to record a 2 deck blenden in a really high quality...maybe even some effects on the mixer thrown in if i feel cheeky

Thanks for your replys guys, been a great help so far, have inquired @ kingston, yet to hear back!!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Hi Mistersalone...

Its just, I dont have technics, instead i have stanton t120's...and also my mixer to pc lead, although USB, is still a bit weak & lacking punch, also, the mixer is a tad shoddy when it comes to cueing up, so i was just wondering about renting some time in a studio, where im able to record a 2 deck blenden in a really high quality...maybe even some effects on the mixer thrown in if i feel cheeky

Thanks for your replys guys, been a great help so far, have inquired @ kingston, yet to hear back!!

Ah gotcha, the Gun Factory should be able to do that if Kingston doesn't come through, if you find out about El-B's studio as well let me know, I can't find anything about it.

A cheaper option might be to hire a rehearsal space who've got decks - Alaska or Audo Underground might do - and record out to DAT then transfer if the costs are prohibitive.