grime queries #2

blissblogger

-- how many mc versions of 'ice rink' were there? i got the impression there was at least 9, maybe a dozen, but only ever found 2 twelve inches with about 8 on.

-- Big E.D. 'frontline (creepy crawler mix)" -- is the remix by Big E.D. or terror danjah? it sure sounds like terror, has the goblin laugh

--- Essentials 'headquarters' -- is that a davinche production?

-- kano 'reload it' -- anyone know who produced?

blissblogger said:
-- how many mc versions of 'ice rink' were there? i got the impression there was at least 9, maybe a dozen, but only ever found 2 twelve inches with about 8 on.

-- Big E.D. 'frontline (creepy crawler mix)" -- is the remix by Big E.D. or terror danjah? it sure sounds like terror, has the goblin laugh

The frontline rmx (creepy crawler mix) is Terrah. If it has the laugh he either has produced or co produced it and 'reload it' was done by Kano himself, dont quote me though, according to a 1xtra ras kwame show I heard. That 'headquarters' tune sounds too basic for davinche and lacks the trademark steel drum snare but im not sure. Dont know anything else - sorry.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
blissblogger said:

there were two vocal ice rink 12"s plus the original instrumental, but wiley let loads of other people vocal them, including himself. they never came out. i have a Roll Deep on Rinse set from that era which drops both riko and wiley's versions. i may upload it when i get the CD back from my mate.

i think 'reload it' might be by Diplo, but i'm not sure at all. the only "grime" people on the kano LP seem to be Da Vinche and Terror.

most essentials is produced by da vinche. he works in-house with them, literally.
martin

2stepfan said:
Is the goblin laugh effect not on the Jah Tubby's siren box?

sorry I didnt make it clear - if the laugh is on any garage/NUKG/grime then it must be Terrah either producing or co-producing. I remember Terrah saying that he got the laugh from a old drum 'n' bass sample CD.

Woebot

blissblogger said:

yusef at uptown told me that 'headquarters' wasnt a davinche track. lord knows he might be wrong, though he did say who it was by, someone whose name has slipped my mind. he also said that 'headquarters' probably wasnt going to be coming out :eek:

blissblogger

oh no

that cannot be true about headquarters, it's so incredible, it must come out!

yeah that sort of makes sense cos it doesn't really have a davinche signature as a production -- god i wonder who did it then?

thanks for the other info chaps