david cameron at a rave in '88

john eden

male pale and stale
I won't be long before some politician crops up who did neck a load of e's tho. And they will be just as boring and retrogressive as all the former trotskyite dope smokers in the houses of parliament.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
This is the best title for a thread I've seen here in a while. Against all evidence, I am going to choose to believe it's actually him.

sufi

lala
definitely him
looking fwd to contemporary photo evidence confirming he sported lank ravers locks back in 88
i also heard he 'lost it big time at bicester' ;)

crackerjack

I couldn't see it being him, thoough I'm sure he's done E in his time - no evidence, just an assumption. This rave was most likely promoted by his Tory mate 'Guido', btw (there were an inordinate number of poshos doing rave promotion).

craner

Beast of Burden
There's a great bit of footage from (I think) Sunrise in August 1989 with a young Boris Johnson look-a-like pulling some great cheesy quaver dance moves. I must find that later on, you lot will love it.

crackerjack

There's a great bit of footage from (I think) Sunrise in August 1989 with a young Boris Johnson look-a-like pulling some great cheesy quaver dance moves.

Is that a specific dance move? Kinda like the mashed potato for Billy Bunter types?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
There's a great bit of footage from (I think) Sunrise in August 1989 with a young Boris Johnson look-a-like pulling some great cheesy quaver dance moves. I must find that later on, you lot will love it.

Talking of 1989 raves, there's a piece of footage on youtube featuring a PA by Rebel MC playing 'Street Tuff'. It sounds absolutely fucking brilliant.

Edit: Don't blame me if it doesn't. I have no speakers here and I may have been tired/easily influenced when I watched it.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Couldn't find this with the sound intact for thr life of me, though I'm sure it still exists on youtube, because I've seen it. Anyway: a young Boris Johnson at 1:02 is worth waiting for.

Kind of eery watching with no sound.

tartablanca

capped
For a split second I thought that the lustbuster @ 0:46 was sporting a white jacket vs. a bare, very hairy chest look, not to mention the yellow pants, and all I could think was "yes".

crackerjack

Met someone a week back who does a lot of work with Cameron and she's 100% that it's NOT him in the clip. Though she did indicate she'd guess he has 'raved' in his youth. Also found out I know his sister-n-law's bf, which came as a right shock.