Good mp3 sites

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Let's share some knowledge of good sites for downloading mp3s of the type(s) of music we tend to like here. Preferably legal pay sites, as I try to support the music that I love, natch :) . So far I'm only really familiar with the obvious ones:

Boomkat
Juno
Bleep.com
Ukfunky.com

Anyone care to add favourites that aren't mentioned here?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Some really interesting sites coming up here, thanks again, keep 'em coming!
Feel a bit shame-faced for not being aware of dubplate.net before, there's some great stuff on there.
:)

hucks

Your Message Here
Feel a bit shame-faced for not being aware of dubplate.net before, there's some great stuff on there.
:)

So long as you don't want to buy anything, yeah, it's brilliant. Must be the most bug ridden, crashiest site on the internet. Apparently it's bad form to slag people off online but they took my money for 2d by Skream and I never got any mp3s or answers to my e-mails, so fuck em

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I actually can't say it's good for that much of the music that's discussed here, but I check out Amie Street quite regularly.

http://www.amiestreet.com

Releases start as free and increase in price with demand. You get credit for recommending something that you've bought, based on the difference between the price when you got it and the final price... so basically it's encouraging people to take chances, jump on stuff early, etc.

A little Tectonics stuff is on there... and I've picked up some (fairly shit) stuff by Ras G, who I've heard talk of here... but mostly I buy kind of crackly ambient business there when it's ridiculously cheap, plus disco-y stuff from labels like Bear Funk and Tirk.

... This would probably get a million more comments if it were in the Music forum. :)

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
... This would probably get a million more comments if it were in the Music forum. :)

Yeah, fair point. It just seemed intuitively like a technology question, in the same way that people chat about Serrato and Logic and synths and what have you in here.
Will give that amiestreet site a look, sounds intriquing.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I think a good successor thread to this one would be a list of good radio stations and radio shows. Will start one in Music in a wee while, I'm still supposed to be figuring out how to prove to mixed_biscuits that we should be forming mobs to tear down the doors to all public schools. Or something. :D

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Yeah, fair point. It just seemed intuitively like a technology question, in the same way that people chat about Serrato and Logic and synths and what have you in here.
Guess that's why I've missed all those threads. :)

Wasn't trying to challenge yr logic or anything, just observing where most of the activity is on here.