Guys singing falsetto...

I want to compile a playlist so please any recommendations gratefully accepted ?

naturally frankie valli, the bee gees, prince, scritti politti and as mentioned in another thread robin thicke...

i cant remember but didnt d'angelo and maxwell also do a couple of 'meaningless tunes in very high voices' :D

raffia

not for everyone i guess, but the first time i heard 'hope there's someone' by antony and the johnsons i was blown away....mistakenly imagined the singer to be a black woman !

thanx...

gotta love google

http://www.last.fm/user/80sfever/journal/2008/07/06/221asr_falsetto...top_10!

usher - burn... got sum nice high bits, likewise maxwell - ascension

DOH!!!...phil bailey, how could i ever forget earth, wind and fire ?

el debarge and michael jackson...no shit ? i'm struggling to think of any of theirs straight of the top of my head

curtis mayfiled and marvin gaye...hmmm bit before my time but gladly give them props for any falsetto tunes they did

of course...babyface and howard hewett from shalamar could get up there

ummm pharell heh

Last edited:

crackerjack

Junior Murvin.

Slim Smith.

No comp of male falsettos make sense without that Thom Bell thing - Delfonics, Stylistics, Chi-lites etc.

Simon & Grfunkel (without the Simon)

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
just put this in the 'white soul' thread but i may aswell put it hear too.

mayer hawthorne - just ain't gonna work out

"i know what you're aboooouuuuut..."

echevarian

babylon sister
I'm assuming that this thread is for men singing falsetto in a soul or RnB setting here, but the contrarian in me says Rob Halford.

crackerjack

And another from the Curtis school - this is this week's official best record evah!

Modulations - Rough Out Here