Sonic Middle-Aged

Buick6

too punk to drunk
..Interesting to see the intellectual surgery done to Sonic Youth by Reynolds and the K-Punk bloke...

Both of them quite correctly picked the Youth 'epoch' period being between 1984-89, and for anyone that was alive around then, they were pretty much the most original, unique, experimental rock n' roll band on the planet, with each record building on the next...

I personally like to think it was a combination of recording technique, being shit to start with and 'evolving' 'organically' in public, they were one of those bands where every record was 'expanding' on the next. The ENIGMA and CHAOS of their personas and sound was a big factor as well, as was the rigid 'conceptionality' of their albums.

But once they got into better recording studios and tried to fit into the 'structure' of rock songs, they just became a lousy glam-band with no songs.

I actually thought MURRAY STREET had some moments, but ultimately they predicated their thing on the whole SONIC, which seems to have gone nowhere for a long time.:cool: I mean when are they going to make a record that 'sounds' interesting and mysterious and ultimately SEDUCTIVE like they used to?

Last edited: