Shackleton/MM compilation CD 'Picking O'er The Bones'

Out on May 25th

01 Shackleton - Stalker
02 Shackleton - I Want To Eat You
03 Mordant Music - Hummdrumm
04 Shackleton - El Din (Part One)
05 Mordant Music - Olde Wobbly
06 Mordant Music - 24 Million or Sell Neverland
07 Vindicatrix - Private Places (Shackleton and MM version)
08 Mordant Music - The Hauntological Song
09 Shackleton - El Din (Part Two)
10 Vindicatrix - Private Places*
11 Mordant Music - Marston Moor*

Im a real fan of Shack's work (Found him thorugh Skull Disco/MM) , am still yet to see him live, and I have been told that most of the experiance is missed in headphones...

An intersting read was the interview of his, by blackdown on his blog..

Apparently 'The Hauntological Song' is the nuts...

powerpill

Shackleton/MM compilation CD 'Picking O'er The Bones'

Out on May 25th

01 Shackleton - Stalker
02 Shackleton - I Want To Eat You
03 Mordant Music - Hummdrumm
04 Shackleton - El Din (Part One)
05 Mordant Music - Olde Wobbly
06 Mordant Music - 24 Million or Sell Neverland
07 Vindicatrix - Private Places (Shackleton and MM version)
08 Mordant Music - The Hauntological Song
09 Shackleton - El Din (Part Two)
10 Vindicatrix - Private Places*
11 Mordant Music - Marston Moor*

Im a real fan of Shack's work (Found him thorugh Skull Disco/MM) , am still yet to see him live, and I have been told that most of the experiance is missed in headphones...

An intersting read was the interview of his, by blackdown on his blog..

Apparently 'The Hauntological Song' is the nuts...

yeah its good. came out on vinyl

alex

Do not read this.
oh sugar, havent seen it out on vinyl...was this the CD that came out from MM in like a petri dish?

zhao

there are no accidents
wondered randomly into a tent at 4 AM last year Fusion Festival and the Shack was playing. relentless, seamless deepness for 2+ hours... a feverish dream. a nightmare.

the towers fall... fall... fall... the flesh is weak...

anyone know where that sample came from?

STN

sou'wester
wondered randomly into a tent at 4 AM last year Fusion Festival and the Shack was playing. relentless, seamless deepness for 2+ hours... a feverish dream. a nightmare.

it sounds like it's him talking, slowed down.

BareBones

wheezy
yea it's defo him, i remember reading an interview with him and he said he was really proud of the lyrics. shackleton needs to get on the 130bpm tip i reckon.

padro1982

Shackleton is always great, we have him on in Manc on 7th June if anyone is around.

Mordant is a great label, I reckon they steal the show on the comp with 'Olde Wobbly'. Brilliant tune.

I also really liked that 'Mr Maxted' album they released about a year ago, proper dark ebm-ish stuff.

BareBones

wheezy
yeah was never really into that one though, it's probably the most straight-up minimal techno tune he's done (as far as i'm aware)

padro1982

It's his own lyrics about the twin towers among other things (a bit of Paradise Lost in there as well):

http://blackdownsoundboy.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_blackdownsoundboy_archive.html#116489364808371728

As he also says in that interview (although granted it's a few years old), everything he does is purposely around 140 so it can be pitched up or down a touch to be beatmatched with different styles, so it's easily 130 if you want it to be. I think his music has a spacious quality that helps it work just as well with 4/4 or broken stuff.

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
yeah it's ok, but i think a 'death is not final' style polyrhythmic workout at 130 would be pretty mega.

death is not final is a work of art, top level meditation, love running this one...

gonna play it a soon as I get in i think..

So as anyone heard him live?? does he play he's well known tracks or is it just a pitched up/down mess of unreleased meditime?