creme bunker

Immryr

i am always surprised that i don't see any talk of the stuff coming out of the creme / bunker / minimalrome type axis around here. is it simply not revolutionary enough for you guys to take notice? i think there is a load of incredible stuff being put out.

padro1982

Bunker is a quality label, proper relentless, I didn't like the early acid techno/squat party stuff but once it settled down it had a golden electro period from about '97 up until a few of years ago when I started to lose interest again.

A few faves:

Unit Moebius / Polygamy Boys - The Sixth Reich / Pax Amerikkkana

http://www.discogs.com/Unit-Moebius-Polygamy-Boys-The-Sixth-Reich-Pax-Amerikkkana/master/13653

(the Moebius track is seriously fucking dark!)

Syncom Data - SD01

http://www.discogs.com/Syncom-Data-SD01-ep/release/254637

(every track is a winner)

Pamétex - Untitled

http://www.discogs.com/Pamétex-Untitled/release/104061

(not much more than an 808 with subtle Drexciyan overtones)

Also, anything by Nukubus, some of the earlier Eargoggle stuff, and more recently the Shitcluster stuff was pretty good.

Last edited:

padro1982

Yeah, that 'Doop' 12" on Syncom Data was quality, especially this track...

Shitcluster - Doop 3

Reminds me of the Glass Domain stuff a bit.

nochexxx

harco pronting
all the shitcluster 12'ves i own are incredible! like all the very best stuff it really is out there by itself imo.

Immryr

all this stuff had totally passed me by up until a year or two ago, so i was well late to the party. i am yet to discover a lot of the older things they put out as they're generally limited press and not all that easy to get hold of, but even if you have lost interest i reckon there is still amazing things coming out. rude 66 is doing a lot in particular, legowelts new stuff is great too!

padro1982

Yeah, it's not that I dislike the new stuff particularly, it's just that I love the sparse, dark 808 stuff they were knocking out a few years ago more!

Legowelt's one of those guys I just can't get into, don't know why, I appreciate that he's a good producer, and I've seen him live a couple of times but still not been converted, just not for me I suppose...

PeteUM

It's all grist
Another vote for the godlike genius of Shitcluster! That dark, scuzzy, mongy funk is unique and delicious!

I am a big fan of this stuff, specially the nu disco stuff from the likes of Bangkok Impact or Orgue Electronique. The Jungle Dame remixes is still one of my favorite EP's ever. As for Legowelt, I can't get into some of his main stuff either, but some of his aka's are delicious, specially his records as Polarius and Smackos, which is supposed to be a project for stuff in a 70's terror films soundtrack vein
For that weird spacey electro sound like the first Bunkers, Kommando6 was the label

Also, hi everyone, this being my first post and all, been meaning to register here forever :D

padro1982

For that weird spacey electro sound like the first Bunkers, Kommando6 was the label

Good shout on this! I picked up a Kommando 6 double pack from Other Music when I was in Manhattan about 5 years back and it's class! Proper stripped, proper dark, just how electro should be; an 808, some analog synth squiggles, and some pitched down male vocal mutterings.