Music from passing carz

massrock

I've just heard Voodoo Ray and Far Out in the space of a short walk, which ain't bad. What's polluting the streets by your feets?

alex

Do not read this.
Akon & his shitty little entourage, (Ilford, Goodmayes, naturally)

Although I did hear someone playing pinch - deleted scenes out of a crossfire the other day.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Not long ago I heard emanating from a car, at a volume more usually associated with bangin' speed-garridj...the first Enigma album. God, my parents listen to that crap. Pfffft.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
I swear this morning I heard bagpipe music emanating loudly from a car in a quiet Tyneside suburb. Until then, weirdest thing I'd heard was Johnny Cash (other than stuff I've been playing myself of course).

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
ugh. motley crue's "smoking in the boy's room" out of a camaro with cigarette smoke pouring out of the tinted windows. i was passing through the working class backbone of my city. i rolled up my windows.

Tanadan

likes things
Some girl drives home from work most weekdays and always gets to the same track on Buju Banton's 'Til Shiloh - "Untold Stories" - when she gets to the intersection near my flat. Often to the bit where he says 'you know the east is the best' actually. Nice summer music, as well.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
riding around today on my bike I heard a car banging some pretty great juke - no idea who/what tune/etc, cause I don't really know that much juke & a lot of it sounds kinda same-y anyway (at least to me) - not the first time that's happened, living in Chicago, tho it's not exactly a frequent occurence.

also, & apropos of the recent Mexico thread, the other day I heard some Latin dudes banging a Los Tigres Del Norte narcocorrido.

mms

sometimes
i used to live in a house where a guy would drive past all the time playing natural mystic by bob marley, all the time, it was ghostly and heavy, loved it, used to shake the house.

Around N4 its funky, esp in the morning by fuzzy logik which i hear alot, loads of cars just make me want to rush home and try and find the tracks.

gumdrops

nothing v exciting sadly. i think i heard donaeo the other day. then again that might have just been me wishing i was hearing donaeo. mainly just standard hip hop/R&B/generic house stuff. i need to move.

tom lea

e9 - usually have headphones on, don't notice, odd bit of grime that makes my ears perk up.

in sidcup where my gf lives it's non-stop funky, the other day i heard do you mind, frontline and let yr love come in on the way to the shop and back - good times

tom lea

best was uni in aberdeen though; well dodgy northern house at all hours of the day, bonkers cd-packs and all that.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

glottis5

Every time I hear the music from a passing car, it's always something from the early '90s or before, doesn't matter who it is or how old they are.

Songs that I can remeber hearing from passing cars recently:

Snow - Informer
House of Pain - Jump Around
Sir Mix A Lot - Monster Mack
2Pac - 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted

My town is basically a retirement community and has no musical culture to speak of. I'm jealous of you guys who live in places like London/New York/Chicago and get to hear interesting music regularly.

alex

Do not read this.
i always hear a lot of bangrah/asian sound system, some really dutty bass heavy stuff, sounds nang on ilford highroad, as the buildings act as some sort of subwoofer, where its so thin in parts (warning, it doesnt sound nothing like a sub, hard to explain)

Last edited: