Just a thought..

alex

Do not read this.
Dont judge me on this, but see what you make of this:

Imagine that one day you wake up & it is exactly 5 years ahead of where you fell asleep, you have no recollection of the past 5 years & everything is alien to you, you dont know where you are, what has happened in the news/media, what has happened all over the globe & basically what has happened to you. Quite a surreal thought, but what would you like to wake up to...?

john eden

male pale and stale
World communism. ;)

Or failing that for my partner to still be there and my daughter to be a well adjusted 13 year old despite having had her Dad in a coma for 5 years.

Those would be my maxima and minima I reckon.

alex

Do not read this.
Or failing that for my partner to still be there and my daughter to be a well adjusted 13 year old despite having had her Dad in a coma for 5 years.

is it bad that I laughed at that??

also, FYI, i didnt necessarily mean you would be in a coma, just like, i dunno, asleep, fell under a really big rock...but was safe.

john eden

male pale and stale
is it bad that I laughed at that??

also, FYI, i didnt necessarily mean you would be in a coma, just like, i dunno, asleep, fell under a really big rock...but was safe.

Ha ha, not at all - it was just a boringly practical response to an imaginative question!

massrock

That the last 15 years had been a bad dream and it was actually 1999.
Would you wake with a start and go, 'My god, I've got to warn the Prime Minister, he's going to make a terrible mistake...'

Last edited:

massrock

You'd try calling the government and your efforts would be met with a visit from some sinister gentlemen in bowler hats and sunglasses. 'Tell us who you work for.'

john eden

male pale and stale
and then you'd be chased by helicopters and shit, and possibly find some kind of cool underground rebel movement who hail you as the new messiah.

Except their previous charismatic leader who is jealous of you and gives you up to The Man. :mad:

martin

----
what would you like to wake up to...?

Somebody who's very good at summarising five years' worth of events briefly, I guess. And a bacon and egg sandwich, of course!

massrock

and then you'd be chased by helicopters and shit, and possibly find some kind of cool underground rebel movement who hail you as the new messiah.

Except their previous charismatic leader who is jealous of you and gives you up to The Man. :mad:
Hmm. :slanted:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I believe I would wake up to the first year of the Schwarzenegger/Palin administration.

I love the way they joke about 'the Schwarzenegger administration' in Demolition Man in a "ha ha, what a WACKY IDEA!!!" kinda way. Before he was elected, and then re-elected, as governor of the USA's most populous state. Hoo boy...

Last edited: