“Inglourious Basterds” soundtrack

bb_rebozo

.._......
i am a big fan of Quentin Tarantino soundtracks and his tasty way to recycle old stuff .

the list for IB :

• The Green Leaves of Summer: Dimitri Tiomkin (from the film The Alamo)
• After The Verdict: Ennio Morricone (from the film The Big Gundown
• L'incontro Con La Figlia: Ennio Morricone (from the film The Return of Ringo)
• White Lightning: Charles Bernstein (from the film White Lightning)
• Il Mercenario (Reprisa): Ennio Morricone (from the film Il Mercenario)
• Slaughter: Billy Preston (from the film Slaughter)
• Algiers, November 1954 (from the film The Battle of Algiers)
• The Surrender (La resa): Ennio Morricone (from the film The Big Gundown)
• One Silver Dollar (Un Dollaro Bucato): Gianni Ferrio (from the film One Silver Dollar)
• Bath Attack: Charles Bernstein (from the film The Entity)
• Davon Geht Die Welt Nicht Unter: Bruno Balz, Michael Jary (from the film Die Grosse Liebe)
• The Man With The Big Sombrero: Phil Bouteljie, Foster Carling (from the film Hi Diddle Diddle)
• Ich Wollt Ich Waer Ein Huhn: Hans-Fritz Beckmann, Peter Kreuder (from the film Lucky Kids)
• Cat People (Putting Out The Fire): David Bowie (from the film Cat People)
• Mystic and Severe: Ennio Morricone (from the film Death Rides A Horse)
• The Devil's Rumble: Mike Curb/The Arrows (from the film Devil's Angels)
• Zulus: Elmer Bernstein (from the film Zulu Dawn)
• Un Amico: Ennio Morricone (from the film Revolver)
• Tiger Tank: Lalo Schifrin (from the film Kelly's Heroes)
• Rabbia e Tarantella: Ennio Morricone (from the film Allonsanfan
source

as expected Tarantino rips off a lot of Morricone , features classic scores , fuzz themes (1:50) and some german nazi schlager .

but how possibly could a track like “ Cat People ” fit into a WW II movie ?

mms

sometimes
thing is it's not really a ww2 film it's an explotation film set in ww2, but it could be set anywhere, god knows why he wants to remake it, it's ok but it kinda shows his lack of ambition really.

crackerjack

thing is it's not really a ww2 film it's an explotation film set in ww2, but it could be set anywhere, god knows why he wants to remake it, it's ok but it kinda shows his lack of ambition really.

Had no idea it was a remake. Such a shame Tarantino wants to waste his talent on arch schlock.

mms

sometimes
QT would make a great blogger. or a curator. he should just go into staging film festivals.

exactly, although i enjoy his films their just such a postmodern flatline based on a kind of cool hunting

http://www.optimumreleasing.com/dvd.php?id=665

anyway erm cool hunted for you, he obviously has good taste in shlocky films, although this isn't a great film, like alot of b movies obviously it has some amazingly good ideas, which is what the guys job seems to be all about collecting all the good ideas from b movies.

rolling thunder that he takes the name of his production company from though is a really great film:
paul shrader with william devane and tommy lee jones, amazingly not on dvd.

Last edited:

crackerjack

exactly, although i enjoy his films their just such a postmodern flatline based on a kind of cool hunting

But this has only recently become the case - Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs were all great movies punctuated with knowing dialogue and pop cult theorising.

Now he's let the side order become the main dish.

mms

sometimes
But this has only recently become the case - Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs were all great movies punctuated with knowing dialogue and pop cult theorising.

Now he's let the side order become the main dish.

thats true, they all to an extent took from other sources, but yes not as their reason d'etre.

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
excepting jackie brown (god knows how he pulled that off) i think tarantino is just an absolute embarrasment of a film-maker. i mean i loved him at the time of pulp fiction and dogs but it all just seems so, well, CRAP with hindsight.

he would be a much better curator.

oh, and he's a shite actor too.

Benny Bunter

Had no idea it was a remake. Such a shame Tarantino wants to waste his talent on arch schlock.

Its not a remake. He's just nicked (and deliberately misspelled) the title of an old 70s film. Aside from that I don't think there's any connection at all.