video nasty mini festival

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Oh. My. God.

"Crazy collision of sensationalism and social concern makes this wife-battering study seem more like a horror movie" - 'The Brute'

This will either be abysmal or transcendent. But it must be watched either way.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Think I will go to this, cheers for the heads up. I've wanted to see that Devil Doll thing for a little while.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Most had at least something. Death Weekend was the weakest in that it was basically exactly the same as I Spit On Your Grave but worse in every aspect - it was also boring which is unforgivable.
The Brute was obviously the "best" film in that it wasn't an exploito thing at all and had been unfairly stigmatised in that way when in actuality it was a fairly sensitive and powerful treatment of wife beating. Didn't really fit in at the festival though.
Equinox and Satan's Slave were both good fun. Take An Easy Ride was nonsense but it was interesting simply that something so stupid could exist. Also made more interesting by the talk from the director.
Black Devil Doll was removed from the bill and replaced by S&M Hunter due to time constraints - a real shame 'cause that was what I most wanted to see, plus I'd seen S&M Hunter a couple of weeks before. Although I was so fucked the original time I couldn't remember any of it so I was happy to see it again - another very silly and genuinely funny film (with a woman who looked exactly like an ex of mine though she never dressed as a Nazi ) which was good for sixty minutes and wise enough not to last any longer.

viktorvaughn

Did anyone make this (except me)? What did you reckon?

Didn't you clock me in the I heart the hardkore continuum t-shirt?

:p

Yeah I can agree with those crits really, felt slightly uncomfortable in the last one. It was subversive in some ways but there was a lot of men tying up naked women with ropes who then squirmed in ecstasy..

Satan's Slave probably the most out and out fun one...reminded me of The Red Queen Kills 7 Times a bit. And also Rosemary's Baby with the whole everyone out to get her even the people she loves way.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0068444/

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Yeah I can agree with those crits really, felt slightly uncomfortable in the last one. It was subversive in some ways but there was a lot of men tying up naked women with ropes who then squirmed in ecstasy.."
Not to mention that bit near the start where the three guys are chatting and then you notice that S&M Hunter is getting a blow-job off the girl he just tamed with his ropes.

"Didn't you clock me in the I heart the hardkore continuum t-shirt?"
Damn, you must have been hidden behind all the fat, lank haired guys in Reanimator t-shirts.
Did you see that Thunder were playing just down the road and millions of people were going? Weird.

viktorvaughn

It was funny how many 40 odd year old blokes wearing black, often slightly metal/goth themed stuff there was there wasn't it? It must have been 90% men.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"It was funny how many 40 odd year old blokes wearing black, often slightly metal/goth themed stuff there was there wasn't it? It must have been 90% men."
I have to say that I wasn't that surprised by that. I moved after the first interval though after hearing the appreciative and disturbingly sexual grunt that the guy next to me gave when the camera went up that girl's skirt - and the even louder one that he made when the rabbit's head was cut off in the next film. My friend was happy to move because he was sitting next to someone (not me) who constantly talked to himself and then did that really loud fart that everyone cheered.

viktorvaughn

I have to say that I wasn't that surprised by that. I moved after the first interval though after hearing the appreciative and disturbingly sexual grunt that the guy next to me gave when the camera went up that girl's skirt - and the even louder one that he made when the rabbit's head was cut off in the next film. My friend was happy to move because he was sitting next to someone (not me) who constantly talked to himself and then did that really loud fart that everyone cheered.

Yeah there was some proper wierdos! I was glad I was with some mates one of who was female.

The bit in the first one with the people getting the hitch-hiker drunk and then seducing her was hilarious.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm certain that the guy who asked where the castle (well, large house,) was in Satan's Slave was planning to make a pilgrimage.
The whole of the story of the genesis of the first film was hilarious.