Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ruff Squad + Rapid

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Plasticman/Plastician

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Inspired by padraig's junglist auteurs poll/thread, by listening to things like the 69 Allstars mix and TD's mix for Fact a lot at the moment, and by being bored and wanting to contribute something positive and enjoyable after the education/Woodcunt thread. :D
Also-rans: Bossman, Young Dot, Musical Mob, Wonder, Oddz & Eastwood, Geeneus, Scratcha/DVA, Macabre Unit, Dizzee Rascal, Youngstar, Alias, Bigshot, Rudekid, Maniac, Footsie, Bless Beats, Kid D, Waifer, Dot Rotten, DJ Wire, Hinzy D, END Productions, Low Deep, J Sweet, DJ Wire. Ideally I would have included them all, but space is a limit, so they were eliminated due to a mixture of personal taste and thinking that in some cases they've not made quite enough tracks. But please make the case if you think any of them should have been included, or if you think there is anyone else crucial that I've missed altogether.
Perhaps including the Man of Plastic will seem a bit controversial, but I reckon his earlier stuff is def closer to grime than dubstep. Though also he's helped by the fact that I think he's fantastic. :p

I make no apology for any teenage-fanboi vibes to this thread. However, I do also anticipate being schooled about various aspects of how I've presented - e.g. finding out that two names refer to the same person or whatever. So fire away!

Last edited:

gumdrops

at the moment, prob terror danjah, rudekid, maniac, footsie, dva though id like to hear more from him, bless beats maybe? as for all time, jon e cash/black ops get overlooked quite a bit. used to love those cracking (literally) snares they used to use.

viktorvaughn

If we are talking all time then youngstar and musical mobb are surely up there in the top 5...not now of course.

If we are going down the auteur road then to me it has to be someone with a specific sound they carved out for themselves boldly - hence wiley, musical mob, jammer and black ops crew. Can't just be a good generalist.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
However, I do also anticipate being schooled about various aspects of how I've presented - e.g. finding out that two names refer to the same person or whatever.

just retroactively edit in all the ones you forgot/missed when people suggest them. that way it looks like you knew what you were talking about the whole time. that's what I did anyway.

oh, also - Wiley.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Hehehe, it would seem the schooling has begun already. :eek:
Dizzee - yeah I thought about mentioning him, but apart from his output prior to any albums I wasn't certain how much involvement he had with his beats. My understanding was that in the studio it was generally a collabaratve thing (?).
Someone name me a bunch of Musical Mob tunes I should have then, apart from Pulse X. I'm pretty sure I've only ever heard about 3 or 4 things by them....

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Hehehe, it would seem the schooling has begun already. :eek:
Dizzee - yeah I thought about mentioning him, but apart from his output prior to any albums I wasn't certain how much involvement he had with his beats. My understanding was that in the studio it was generally a collabaratve thing (?).
Someone name me a bunch of Musical Mob tunes I should have then, apart from Pulse X. I'm pretty sure I've only ever heard about 3 or 4 things by them....

With the exception of his latest album, most of his album work is produced by himself.

Benny Bunter

I've gone for Wiley and I fully expect him to merk everyone in this poll. Didn't have to think very hard really.

Dizzee would have been my next choice (for I luv u and the rest of BIDC obviously), then probably Terrah Danjah for the sheer fuckedness of rhythm.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Thinking of newer producers, I really like Kid D's stuff - has he done anything in the last 12 months?

Tubby has some great tracks. The release on Souljah was superbly skunked out. Tiger Style should have done better, and footsie's remixes of it were pretty good to. Breakthorugh track slush could have been the tune to revive Bingo Beats style big obvious basslines, only with superior drum patterns