What's your favourite song?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
This is unbelievably brilliant and completely new to me - thank you. I see he worked with Thomas Leer - figures. - this is pretty bloody great too.

On a synth pop tip, often this is mine:
Or this:

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
I was very drunk when I started this thread. Never mind though.

"This is unbelievably brilliant and completely new to me - thank you."
Glad you like it. It's one that I wouldn't think would necessarily appeal to a lot of people 'cause it's quite low key. I have to admit that when I first bought it I was hoping that it would be more electronicy along the lines of the stuff on The Bridge album that he did with Thomas Leer and I was actually kinda disappointed. But then it just grew and grew on me...
The Bridge is well worth checking out though. It's kind of like Low in that the first side is all electro pop and the second side is kind of ambient electronics.

61RMS6N286L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I've never been so keen on Private Plane though for some reason. Gonna check the other recommendations in a sec.

nochexxx

harco pronting
i love private plane and the first three albums. and that bridge record is also amazing.

one of my favourite songs is this.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Lisa Minnelli singing But The World Goes Round in New York, New York

it's a bit corny, and there's a very corny key change, but all the same

what a performance :)

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
A lot of the time this is mine

Robert Rental/Double Heart - spotify:track:77UHHPBAcNVc8iFw1uOARl

That is simply gorgeous. I recognise the name and it reminds me quite a lot of early Fra Lippo Lippi - try this if you are UK (Europe?) based:
(Fra Lippo Lippo, "In Silence"),
spotify:track:3VT1BpjeU7WmU8whpyAa7N

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

I tend to alternate between 'Be my baby', 'You really got me' and 'Crying'. All the best songs were written in the 50s and 60s definitely.

Benny Bunter

oh, and 'I know its over' by the Smiths. But that would probably go in the 'Heartbreak songs' thread, if there is such a thing on dissensus

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Favourite song ever is too hard to answer. Would maybe be Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) or Prince - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man

Favourite songs recently: Zomby - Strange Fruit, Dorian Concept - Trilingual Dance Sexperience, Rustie - Bad Science

jackmaster

time, space, transmat
So many... but my favourite tune ever is probably

The Other People Place - Let Me Be Me

W+P by James Stinson of Drexciya.

The Replacements - Johnny's Gonna Die

this video's out of tune and drunk but i like it more as a result i think

mixed_biscuits

<object width="300" height="250"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="300" height="250"></embed></object>