the most youve paid for a gig?

gumdrops

i might be paying £58 to see beyonce. am having 2nd thoughts but im prob still going to go. not that im a huge beyonce fan or anything but i like to see 'big' shows every so often, and i think shed put on a 'proper show' in the old fashioned (as well as modern bombastic) sense. gigs are much too expensive these days though. i feel sorry for any parents looking to take their kids to see someone like britney or beyonce.

crackerjack

The Specials a few weeks back. £35 plus all the bollocks, worked out just under £40/ticket.

Worth every penny and more.

Benny Bunter

i might be paying £58 to see beyonce. am having 2nd thoughts but im prob still going to go. not that im a huge beyonce fan or anything but i like to see 'big' shows every so often, and i think shed put on a 'proper show' in the old fashioned (as well as modern bombastic) sense. gigs are much too expensive these days though. i feel sorry for any parents looking to take their kids to see someone like britney or beyonce.

Oh I bet Beyonce will put on a fantastic show. If you're paying that much money you want the fucking works don't you?

Most I ever paid was £40 a ticket to see Bob Dylan as a birthday present for my Dad. It was good, but not really worth the money. For £40 I want fireworks, explosions, dancers, the lot.

To be honest though I can't really be arsed going to see live bands anymore. I get bored very quickly. And the trouble with these big arena sort of shows is you can't take drinks to your seat, and the seats usually about five miles away from the bloody stage anyway. Soulless places...

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Ornette Coleman tickets were £25, but I got a half-price concession, so I think £15 for Low was the most I've spent on a ticket, although I did spend £80 going to see Cathedral in Nottingham.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
$90, Bjork, Olympic Island, Toronto

If fireworks and explosions are the criteria, she delivered. The concert was all open air in a field on the island and about a kilometre from the back of the stage fireworks were arranged in a way so at the climax of her performance they were ignited to form a wreath of explosions around the rig. Very impressive.

Added bonuses: her Icelandic string quartet, a very talented harpist, good on-stage pyrotechnics, elaborate costumes, and Matmos providing live sampling.

thenationalacrobat

eat white death...
£50 for a bbq and evening of sing songs with brian johnson and robin zander last year in clearwater, florida. a very silly night.

Last edited:

martin

----
£40, Shane MacGowan and the Popes at the Kentish Town Forum, '98 or '99 (can't remember now), off a ticket tout outside.

nomos

Administrator
you know you've got me thinking of doing this in Toronto. i've never been to a ginormous spectacle like that before. increasingly fascinated by them though. and she's got some chunes.