Drumming with electronics

IdleRich

IdleRich
I love weird seventies (or whenever really) records that consist pretty much of crazy drumming with crazy electronic sounds over the top. I'd like some more recommendations in the same vein if possible.
A perfect example of the stuff I'm talking about are this track from Michael Bundt which someone has kindly stuck up on youtube at last.

And this is a record I got the other day (I think the soundfile is still up here)

http://www.popsike.com/VOLKSWAGEN-TRANSPORTER-electro-funk-freakout-RARE/220387169207.html

Also the Free Pop Electronic Concept album, maybe Pop Electroniques by Cecil Leuter, some of the Pierre Henry stuff (although none of these are so heavy on the drumming) - but what else?

massrock

You'll know these I but I'll post them anyway because.

Moebius - Plank - Neumeier

Speed Display -
Pitch Control -

IdleRich

IdleRich
Are they from that Zero Set album? I have got that but I must admit I don't listen to it that often. It's almost great and seems well ahead of its time but somehow it doesn't quite hit the spot for me.

massrock

I know what you're saying. I sold my copy of that record but I still have those two tracks on compilations. Just Landed Cosmic Kid remains though. Bundt is god.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I know what you're saying. I sold my copy of that record but I still have those two tracks on compilations. Just Landed Cosmic Kid remains though. Bundt is god."
Well, I don't mean to be too down on that record, it is impressive, maybe it had been built up too much.
As for Bundt being God - on the evidence of JLCK I'd agree but I've got another one of his albums and it aint that good.

nochexxx

harco pronting
don't know if this fits your criteria but my first thought was dick hyman's james brown cover 'give it up or turn it loose'.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"don't know if this fits your criteria but my first thought was dick hyman's james brown cover 'give it up or turn it loose'."
That's about right I'd say. I love that tune.

The Space Invaders album he's got up here has some good bits on in this style - unusually for an eighties library.

190123259622.jpg

http://www.endlessgroove.com/issue2/horrorsfx.htm

nochexxx

harco pronting
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

at some point when i get home i'll bombard this thread. it's a little tricky trying to do this under the nose of my boss. i'm currently in microsound mode, listening out for clicking high heals.

nochexxx

harco pronting
actually that track is probbably off mark cause i think it uses a drum machine. your talking tracks with propper drums right?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well, I guess I'm after a kind of raw psych-ey type thing. Can be drum machines as long as they are rough and primitive and the electronics are nasty and abrasive. Basically moogs make my favourite sound.

nochexxx

harco pronting
Well, I guess I'm after a kind of raw psych-ey type thing. Can be drum machines as long as they are rough and primitive and the electronics are nasty and abrasive. Basically moogs make my favourite sound.

in that case laserdance should make you salivate.

BareBones

wheezy
Well, I guess I'm after a kind of raw psych-ey type thing. Can be drum machines as long as they are rough and primitive and the electronics are nasty and abrasive.

you might like my friend's band shit & shine, they release records on load and riot season and they're very nasty and abrasive, though they have (very heavy) guitars as well as electronics

http://www.myspace.com/shitandshine

Edit: i've just checked out the michael bundt thing you posted and i don't think this (S&S) is at all what you're after, sorry

that laserdance tune is wicked!

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Edit: i've just checked out the michael bundt thing you posted and i don't think this (S&S) is at all what you're after, sorry"
I've heard of S&S actually. I'll check 'em anyway. You're probably right though, maybe my description wasn't very good. I mean, funky, raw beats and primitive electronics that create something a bit psychey. I don't mean kind of shouty noisecore.

Trans Am? Esp 'Let's Take The Fresh Step Together'
I'm seriously out of my depth here though - excepting the obvious I haven't heard of anyone mentioned in this thread.
Which is always a good thing..