Which is your favourite heresy?

poetix

we murder to dissect
Mine's Gnosticism, naturally.

But there are loads to choose from - I mean specifically the heresies historically identified as such by the church authorities. Extra points for being really horrendously persecuted; if you had a crusade against you, even better.

Any other definition of heresy shall be considered, for purposes of this thread, heretical.

Penitenziagite!

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
The Huguenots have a massacre to their credit and got a war started so I'm assuming they count.

hugforside.jpg

Predestine that, assholes.

STN

sou'wester
what's the name of that ancient heresy which denies the existence of The Hardcore Continuum? I'm sure they used to burn people for that, down The Labyrinth.

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
Hubba HUBBA!

Wikipedia states:

Thodin is the leader of the Austral-B Heretics, intent on the destruction of the Divine Order of the League of 20,000 planets and in particular, its ruler His Divine Shadow. He was a carrier of the "Key to the Lexx," which is an intelligent, living mass of symbiotic energy.

Thodin is armed with many special biotech gadgets, including a "bug bomb" hidden in his left nostril, and a false eyeball that explodes and makes him invisible. These tools come in handy during his adventures. The character wears a short pink skirt and high boots as symbols of authority and leadership.

He underwent a rigged trial at the Cluster Stadium on charges of piracy and murder. He escaped only to lose his life in a climactic battle with Kai. Immediately prior to that, he gave the "Key to the Lexx" to a subordinate who in turn was eaten by a cluster lizard in short order, at which point the Key went to Stanley Tweedle, who now captains the vessel.

He attempted to slow down the Divine Shadow's undead assassin Kai from stopping his subordinates flying off with the Lexx, but was ultimately killed by Kai despite chopping his head and arm off. His last words are cut short as he dies, "Today... I... Thodin..."

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Reconstructionist Judaism - do you want to be a Jew but not a real Jew? this one's for you!! aka as the gateway to secularism.

Fraticelli - I remember reading about these dudes in In the Name of the Rose when I was like 12 & thinking, "awesome".

the Nation of Islam

I'm an equal opportunity heresy enthusiast. it's only heresy until you win (that should be a slogan, really).

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Aka every Jew I've ever known, lived with, or been related to... I had no idea this was heretical. If so there are a lot of heretics in NY.

that was satirical, in case it wasn't clear. my mom & stepdad have been going to a Reconstructionist synagogue for over 20 years. when I was about 10 my Orthodox dad informed me that they weren't actually Jews.

it's all about who you ask. Reconstructionist (& Reform & even, depending on which Orthodox dude you're talking, Conservative) Jews are considered heretics, or at least not real Jews, by most Orthodox. which is awesome, of course - the Jews, like we don't have enough problems. let's invent some more by being incredibly sectarian.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
that was satirical, in case it wasn't clear. my mom & stepdad have been going to a Reconstructionist synagogue for over 20 years. when I was about 10 my Orthodox dad informed me that they weren't actually Jews.

it's all about who you ask. Reconstructionist (& Reform & even, depending on which Orthodox dude you're talking, Conservative) Jews are considered heretics, or at least not real Jews, by most Orthodox. which is awesome, of course - the Jews, like we don't have enough problems. let's invent some more by being incredibly sectarian.

Well, the most conservative Jews I can think of are Hasidim (who are anti-Israel weirdly enough), and they would not take me very seriously as a Jew I know that much.

Are you Russian by any chance?