DJ Koze and his psychedelic techno

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Been really enjoying DJ Koze's 'Reincarnations', collected remixes on Get Physical. I think it's a lot stronger than his collections of original stuff.

He tends to do stuff with pitch-bent or unstable sounds, a lot of sped up or slowed down voices, reversed bits and a distinctive mix of synthetic and sampled sounds. It's all stuff that I think gives his music a psychedelic feel. Sometimes the palette makes me think of all the good stuff I've heard about Boards of Canada, but applied to techno instead of sorta hip-hop tempi / feels.

So, uh, I'd recommend his stuff if any of that sounds appealing. Also keen to hear any other suggestions of things you reckon tread similar ground... or at least add up to a similar feeling?

S

simon silverdollar

on the psychedelic techno tip, i'm big into Kyle Hall at the moment - 18 year old detroit techno genius. he had a record out on FXHE last year which was just mental - sounded like three different tracks winding round each other. his stuff sounds very broken up...both ultra-techy and organic.

i love this mix he's done recently;
http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2718&Itemid=98

some of it sounds like Philly soul acts being eaten by machines. yum.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Kyle Hall in that Fact interview said:
Yep. I’m working on a remix for Hyperdub of a track called 'Aidy's Girl Is A Computer' by Darkstar.
Errrrr what? How did I not know about this?

michael

Bring out the vacuum
on the psychedelic techno tip, i'm big into Kyle Hall at the moment - 18 year old detroit techno genius. he had a record out on FXHE last year which was just mental - sounded like three different tracks winding round each other. his stuff sounds very broken up...both ultra-techy and organic.

i love this mix he's done recently;
http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2718&Itemid=98

some of it sounds like Philly soul acts being eaten by machines. yum.

Thanks, have grabbed the mix and will check it out.