Dizzee Rascal arrested for pepper spray possession

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4313817.stm

Mercury Prize winner Dizzee Rascal has been arrested for allegedly carrying pepper spray, police have confirmed.

The 20-year-old rapper was a passenger in a car stopped by police in east London on Wednesday.

Dizzee Rascal, whose real name is Dylan Mills, was arrested along with the 34-year-old driver.

"They were both taken into custody at an east London police station and they were later released on bail to return on April 8," said a police spokesman.

"The driver, a 34-year-old man, was subsequently arrested for being in possession of a section five firearm - pepper spray - and an offensive weapon, which was an ASP baton, and cannabis.

"A 20-year-old male passenger was also arrested for being in possession of pepper spray."

Three other men in the car were searched and released.

DavidD

can't be stopped
hahahaha i'm sorry this is just...wow. Considering the last couple days w/ 50 and Game etc. this seems like such a bizarre "Who cares?" incident. Is it really illegal to possess pepper spray in the UK?!

bun-u

Trumpet Police
DavidD said:
hahahaha i'm sorry this is just...wow. Considering the last couple days w/ 50 and Game etc. this seems like such a bizarre "Who cares?" incident. Is it really illegal to possess pepper spray in the UK?!

in other news Danny Weed got nicked in Southend for not wearing a seatbelt in the passenger seat

DavidD

can't be stopped
"The maximum penalty for carrying pepper spray is 10 years in prison.

Dizzee shot to fame with his first album, Boy In Da Corner, which was full of tracks about gun crime, gangs and drugs."

wtf

theo

pollymarchs 4 eva
Its funny because pepper spray is not a very macho weapon. It is more like something a girl carries to defend herself. I would say to get arrested for carrying pepperspray is pretty embaressing.

outraygeous

its prolly cs gas

your in toruble if your carrying that.
and people chat about gas

look to the trim vs storming clash