i can hear it too

massrock

I can hear it.

What's the frequency supposed to be?

I wonder how they've encoded the audio. Might actually be hearing aliasing instead of the intended tone. It doesn't sound that high to me. Maybe like 16KHz or something.

zhao

there are no accidents
well there are other samples of the "mosquito" ringtone on the web and i can hear all of them. my girlfriend only when they are loud enough...

I can hear it and I have been DJing most weekends for 13 years.

I call bullshit on this website and think Massrock is correct.

zhao

there are no accidents
I wonder how they've encoded the audio. Might actually be hearing aliasing instead of the intended tone.

hmmm you may be right. is there anyone who can NOT hear it? go on, speak up. it is nothing to be ashamed of.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
i can hear it and my hearing is shot

reminds me of a prank my friend played on his then girlfriend
during a telephone conversation with her he asked: can you hear this?
then blew a whistle
she said, yes, of course.
he told her it was a dog whistle.

he was full of asshole pranks like that

may i bum a cigarette?
upon receipt, crumbling it in his hands.

four_five_one

Infinition
It's around 15-16khz as Massrock says. They've probably worked it out on the basis that people over 25 are supposed to lose frequencies over 15khz irrc. You lose roughly a half cycle a day, whatever you do.

Try this one: http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/
I'm 23 and I can hear all of them. It's good. For a while I had sore ears almost every day, from playing ear-piercing techno too loud on flat monitor speakers, I was worried I'd done permanent damage.

I used to go to this bar a while back, it was fine at first, but one day I started to hear this intermittent ear-piercing tone around 19khz. And it was there whenever I came back. I'd sit down and the tone would start up... I have no idea what it was. Irritatingly no one else could hear it, because I'd be complaining about it... people looked at me like I was imagining it. To me it was excruciatingly loud. I had to stop going there, eventually.