Acid.!

muser

does anyone else have a love for the 303? maybe something about the terrestrial/organic (i know a bit of a cliché) & the constantly changing nature of the sound but it definitely has an effect for me. What are your favorite uses/references?

Heres some of my favorite of relativity recent uses.

Syntheme - Scotch Paper

Syntheme - Red

Last Step - Lives Wth an Angel

Acid Wolf - Valley Shuffle

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Always found it interesting the references in UK dancehall of the 80's aswell like tippa irie & daddy rusty's "acid" and that weird track with the ragga twins that just got re-released singing about acid house killing the yoot with a 303 running underneath it. Im sure an article has been mentioned a few times on here about the tension around that time between the acid house scene.?

Last edited:
Syntheme - red is a tune! and Where's Your Girlfriend is one of my Analord favs.

DJ Pierre - Box Energy, also check the AFX remix

the harder stuff

also.... mmmm

Last edited:

four_five_one

Infinition
Acid Acid Thunder...

Fast Eddie -- Acid Thunder: Bam Bam -- Where's Your Child: K.Alexi -- All For Lee-Sah: Club MCM -- It's Me: Sleezy D -- I've Lost Control: Virgo Four -- Vision:
Those are some of my Chicago favorites...

I don't really like Acid Techno (Hardfloor etc), but one can't overlook F.U.S.E/Substance Abuse:
Plus a lesser known Hawtin alias (Jack Master):

four_five_one

Infinition
Is I've Lost Control the first track to use a 303 lead? Came out a year before the better known Acid Trax:
@dave -- obviously reminded you of DBX: Losin' Control --
Not that there's a 303 in it. But it's too good not to post.

Colz

Wild Horses
Hi

Heres a mini mix of mostly chicago, few bits of acidity in there.

http://www.divshare.com/download/7223289-ed7

01 Adonis & The Endless Poker - The Poke
02 Nitro Deluxe - Let's Get Brutal
03 Fresh - Dum Dum
04 Matt Warren - Bang The Box
05 Mr Fingers - Can You Feel It
06 A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray
07 Maurice - This Is Acid
08 Bam Bam - Give It To Me
09 Adonis - No Way Back
10 Pierre's Pfantasy Club - DreamGirl
11 The Back Room - The Definition Of A Track
12 Sueño Latino - Sueño Latino
13 Phuture - We Are Phuture
14 Sleazy D - I've Lost Control
15 The Force - It's OK
16 Willie Wonka - What Is House?

mms

sometimes
that syntheme album lazers and shit on planet mu is absolutely cracking i think. not sure if its an actual 303 though, it hasnt got that bite, but its a great album, the productions are great.

the s express acid tune is superfly guy fluffy bagel mix - super toxic.

Too right! going to see syntheme tomorrow night in Derry with Boxcutter and Milanese, part of celtronic festival, love that city.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Only time I've seen an acid set was at bloc a few years ago. I was trollied on tequila and beans and it was great.

Its a magic formula.

Client Eastwood

Not too much 303 but Ive been caning this recently. this could go in the chill out thread. Its almost like a reggaematical beat. . Then those synths come in at 1.20. Whoa. . .

Virgo 4 - take me higher.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Am I being a dick if I say that I always thought Hi Tech Jazz was a bit naff? That pseudo-sax sound really grates for me.
Obviously UR in general are great though.

Client Eastwood

Am I being a dick if I say that I always thought Hi Tech Jazz was a bit naff? That pseudo-sax sound really grates for me.
Obviously UR in general are great though.

Sunday night techno for saturday night staying in brothers. Great for brushing away the cobwebs. Sax is a bit much but something like Return of the Dragons is great . . .