The Rinse FM Album - anyone heard more about this?

originaldrum

from start till done
yeah there was talk about this time ago on the rinse forum, a box set of 10"s or something, i wonder if they will ever get around to putting it out

Woebot

not heard the comp, but glad for an opportunity to sound off on how GREAT rinse is.

Rinse rules!

There i said it.

How long do people think it'll be before they do a Kiss and go legal? Would this break Grime or would it be airbrushed off the playlist?

ps I got a shout out to the Dissensus crew off Kode9 last night. Virus Syndicate and Mark One were cool.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Rinse run tings, always have, always will. yer Deja Vu's/On Top/Heat FMs come and go, but Rinse always smack it. i think there's no chance they'll go legal - the cost barrier to it is huge.

luka

i think that's unfair on deja. they always had a line up to match rinse and have been going a long time.
rinse is basically roll deep, without them rinse is nothing.

luka

i'm talking about the people each station is associated with, who they have a relationship with. wiley's been on lots of stations but rinse is his station, ou ee what i mean?

S

simon silverdollar

but then, equally, without east connection, deja/raw uk are nothing.

gumdrops

i hope they dont go legal. it would probably ruin what i and im sure many others love rinse for. they need to release some tape packs of radio sessions.

outraygeous

rinse will neverrrrr go legal

ive been locked to rinse since the 91.8 days and all wiley and those guys were strictly jungle.
it was garage on a sunday only with the likes of paco, a plus and dub.

rinse is big, got some smart people behind it

S

simon silverdollar

luka said:
er, simon? east co, aftershock, nasty, ruff squad, essentials...

i agree that obviously those people are really important to deja/raw uk, but you were talking about people who had a really close connection to the station, like wiley does with rinse. nasty go on freeze quitre regularly, ruff squad go on heat or used to anyway, and essentials are on delight and rinse lots- they're not connected to deja/raw uk like wiley is with rinse. i think only east co are, [especially seeing as they run raw uk, don't they?]

S

simon silverdollar

but yeah, rinse is great. especially now they've got more MCs more often. and it's still the only station i've ever heard riko on, i think.

appleblim

rinse is available outside London! Nuff said!

and for me its not just the grime, i mena, i check roll deeps and bossman sets, but u have Plasticman, Distance, Kode 9, Youngsta, Quiet Storm....that is a sick line up!

S

simon silverdollar

apparently ruff sqwad are going to be on rinse from next sunday onwards. i don't think they're gonna do their raw uk set anymore.
big loss for raw uk, that.

sundays on rinse are gonna be wicked tho-
slimzee in the afternoon then newham generals then ruff sqwad then roll deep

mms

sometimes
simon silverdollar said:
apparently ruff sqwad are going to be on rinse from next sunday onwards. i don't think they're gonna do their raw uk set anymore.
big loss for raw uk, that.

sundays on rinse are gonna be wicked tho-
slimzee in the afternoon then newham generals then ruff sqwad then roll deep

hope rossi b and luka don't go i like them alot

adruu

This Is It
from another rinse newbie- i actually havent been dissapointed yet. if i started listing names, it would pretty much be everyone. thursday night is a big dub'd out night. saturday is another tight one. slimzee and riko are the killer combo.

Red Rooster

I think it's massively unfair to state Rinse are nothing without Roll Deep.

I too am fairly new to all this but there is so much talent on Rinse it's untrue.

Roll Deep
Newham Generals
Ruff Squad
Plasticman
Geeneus
Bossman
Wonder
Slimzee
Rossi B & Luca
Youngsta
Kode 9
Search & Destroy

Thats just the start of it. I think anyone who states Rinse would be nothing without Roll Deep is forgetting that there is more to music and grime as a genre than people spitting lyrics all over wiley beats.