riko and wonder....

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Nice one Simon- might even be worth having a dedicated thread for Pirate Radio Alerts. Anyway, just cleaned my teeth, about to settle in to bed and check out Newsnight, I'll have a listen to this at the same time. Quite a ludicrous image, really, innit.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Pretty good though. Riko wasn't destroying the mic, he was a bit more laid back- floating over it in a dread-filled Prince Far I style. Good stuff.

S

simon silverdollar

yeah, it sounded like it might be a sidewinder mixtape? riko kept on going on about sidewinder...

riko's repeated spells away from being 'out and about' in the scene is probably the biggest tragedy in grime. he could be the biggest MC out there but his career keeps getting interrupted.

mpc

wasteman
thanks for the text simon. i listened for about 45 minutes, but theres really bad reception out here in the sticks. rinse seems to be the only really clear pirate i can pick up.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I found a pirate last night which had a copy- a skipping CD copy- of a souful vocal track with a Kano rap (not So Sure, the other one), just playing on repeat. As it went on, the skips got weirder, you'd go through the whole tune and maybe hear one snatched syllable of Kano. Just as I was thinking it'd be interesting, in terms of an Oval-style process, to hear how it changed through the night, they bunged on a Riko vs. Wonder set- possibly the one above. When I tuned in this morning, the hyperactive Kano and his skipping songstress were back again, only even more fractured than before.

Weird. It's like there's a unearthly presence out there representing Riko Dan on secret airwaves.