Michael

crackerjack

early contender for Least Appropriate Cmment award to the numpty on sky who said his fans saw him as a "father figure"

Benny Bunter

Didn't know until now that he had plans to do fifty fucking concerts. Thats just mental, as if that was ever gonna happen. :confused:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm sadder about this than I would have expected. I suppose it's hypocritical because I've made enough Jacko jokes but I always did feel sorry for him.

Just have to mourn the passing of such a talent I suppose. 'Rock With You' is probably my favourite.

Of course the elephant in the room is saying: "we know Micahel Jackson was one of the greatest musicians ever, but he has been piss poor for quite a few years."

Doesnt matter though. for all we know he could have come back with another great LP had he had more years left in him. Sad news indeed

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
The elephant in the room is that he is an accused pedophile. Makes it hard to write obituaries.

Still I am way more shocked than I thought I'd be. He was so wrapped up in mythology, had such an archetypal fall from grace, that I guess he just sort of became immortal in my head.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
most ridiculous news coverage already won by the bbc, who feel it necessary to interview the lead singer of the White Lies about MJ's death.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Of course the elephant in the room is saying: "we know Micahel Jackson was one of the greatest musicians ever, but he has been piss poor for quite a few years."

Doesnt matter though. for all we know he could have come back with another great LP had he had more years left in him. Sad news indeed "
I don't think that matters. A great song isn't spoiled by weaker follow ups. I'd rather do one killer than a load of pretty good ones and Jacko certainly had more than one killer. And, as others have said, I'm pretty sure there are bigger elephants in this particular room. To me though it's as an icon and (not exactly the right word but it's the best I can do now) cultural figure that he seems so significant and that was brought home to me by the sheer shock that hit me on hearing the news.