Dirty psychedelic funk

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Currently jamming a lot of Wicked Witch and Edwin Yearwood. Who else did the filthy, moog-drenched post-Funkadelic stuff?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Not really post-funkadelic but if you get the seven inch of Don't Knock My Love by Wilson Pickett the b-sdei is a wicked moog instro version.
Another fave is Ike Turner's Strange Fruit album = there's a track on there called A-Heep-A-Hole-Lot which I think is killer.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Not so dirty but Hellfire and Brimstone by Button Down Brass (seriously) is a pretty cool moog funker.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Maybe this could fit the bill, stupidly rare Indian garage with a moog somewhere in the mix I think. Not funk but funky and dirty as fuck

The guy who comped/bootlegged this just put two version of the title track on the comp but from the soundfiles I've heard the whole lp is more in the same ridiculous vein.

IdleRich

IdleRich
There is a good euro (Italian?) 45 called Raptus by Countdown, pretty dirty moogy prog funk.
Otherwise Morricone has his moments to say the least

IdleRich

IdleRich
Another tune I play out a lot is Bump The Bump (part 2) by Black Buster. There is a soundfile of the first part on youtube but the b-side is lots better (none of that annoying vocal)

Also Old Man by the same band but that's harder to get your hands on and not quite so good for my money.

There is a Japanese soundtrack called Devil Man which is pretty cool

http://www.popsike.com/DEVIL-MAN-OST-LP-JAPAN-1972-ANIME-FUNK-DOPE-BREAKS-HEAR/350157706227.html

One that's easy to get is Tim Thaler (the boy without a smile) soundtrack which has a very nice tune in the same vein as the Black Buster one but with a somewhat more kraturock feel and which is unfortunately only about a minute long.
And if you don't mind short songs there is this weird track I've got on a private press album called LA Soundtrack 76 by some totally unknown artist called Jeff Gould which is properly nuts - seriously heavy drums and mad electronics all over the shop. I wish I could find a way to communicate this tune 'cause I think it's unbelievable.

IdleRich

IdleRich
OK no more. I'm drunk and I'm talking to myself.
Hope you see/hear something you like there bassbeyondreason night night.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Or one more because I can't believe that this is on youtube - albeit low quality. I love everything about this record but the seven inch is way nastier than it sounds here

(and if you dig there are many other Baris Manco things as good or better)

Plus, how much do you know about RD Burman? So many fantastic Kraftwerk or Morricone rip-offs but something about the cheapness of his synths adds this extra nastiness. There is one track on this album that is so nuts it beggars belief

2512238482_7d80eb1e7e.jpg

Also Burning Train has crazy title music plus Shaan which is a total sleaze rip off of I Feel Love. Khalandji and Ananji are no mugs either

And this one is truly great

http://www.popsike.com/BOLLYWOOD-MOOG-FUNK-commander-SEXY-KILLER-FUNK-hear/4812851436.html

Can't find it on youtube but i need to hear it now.

Last edited:

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Wow....thanks.
Always been weary of immersing myself in that Finders Keepers-style obscure exploitation-funk scene, such a ravenous black hole of time and money, so thanks. I'll check some out later.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Pretty decent sleazey moog blues tune on the Rollerball soundtrack as well.
But who are Wicked WItch? If it's dirty moog funk I'd like to hear them.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Wicked Witch was some kind of outsider/real people thing from 78 to the mid 80s, really lo-fi disco-funk with lots of poorly played synth and guitar solos. Not much good for dancing, but it's a headfuck.